Part 26

Sanjana's POV

It's been 1 month since that incident, and still, I couldn't overcome the situation. I still feel guilty for my child whom I lost due to my carelessness. I will forget all these memories when I'm with my friends and spending time with them, but when I'm alone all these memories haunt me. I know that my child was a result of his drunken mistake and I was not prepared for a baby but when he said that directly to me, I couldn't accept the reality. So here I'm trying to stay away from him. One day I saw him when I was returning from the office but he didn't see me, he was with some officers and they were walking right in front of me, so I stood there and waited till they were not in my sight and hired an auto and went in the opposite direction and returned to the hostel after 1 hour. Nowadays during weekends also I will stay here as, I cannot come up with an idea to go home as he is also in Trivandrum, they will definitely ask about him but I don't have any answers. 

One evening Sona asked me to come hostel early as she is going to her native and she needs me to drop her at the railway station. While returning back, a police officer stopped me and asked for the papers, as it's common in Kerala I came across this process many times. But here I'm a little tense because it is not my scooter and I am not sure whether the papers are fine. So before going to them I checked the papers and confirmed everything is fine and submitted them to him. He asked me about the owner as it's a Karnataka registration vehicle and I told him the details. he verified the papers and asked me to go I was keeping the papers back in the vehicle when someone called my name. I looked around and saw Shaam there standing with more police officers and he called me there. I gestured to him that I will come after keeping the documents and he nodded. I don't know what I'm feeling right now, I'm scared to go there as he standing there with the policeman, as a common man, I am scared of the police. More than that I'm facing Shaam after 1 month and our previous see-off was not good, with all these thoughts I went in their direction.

I smile at Shaam and he returned that with a nod and he introduced other officers to me.

Shaam: Sanjana, this is Srikanth, my friend, I'm sharing quarters with him and he is also the trainer at the Police training academy and this is Aji, SP of this area.

Me: Hello Sir. Nice to meet both of you.

Shaam: This is Sanjana, my wife.

Srikanth: Hi Madam, I didn't know that sir was married.

Me: Sanjana, you can address me as Sanjana.

Aji: Sir, You are from the North if I'm not wrong and she seems to be a Malayali.

Shaam: Yeah, I'm from Delhi. She is from Kerala, Pathanamthitta is her native, but working here. And it's a completely arranged marriage.

Srikanth: Oh Okay! Where are you working?

Me: My office is newly shifted here, it is in this area only next to the Doon public school. It is an IT company, earlier it was in Technopark Campus.

Srikanth: Okay.

Me: We have a small shopping plan today, Sri will meet you later. Bye Aji.

Shopping, he didn't tell me anything to me about this. I smiled and bid bye to the officers and went with him. He asked me to take the scooter and here I thought he will ride it. This is how it normally works right? And he sat behind me and asked me to go to the nearest park. I took him to the zoological park and went inside. It is a calm, quiet and vast area where we will get some peace of mind. So I took him there, and I am hell nervous so I kept silent.  We sat on a bench provided in the garden area and I waited for him to start."How are you?" This is the first thing he asked. I smiled and said I'm good.