Part 55

Shaam's POV

After an eventful night, we got to sleep by early morning and that day went in a hurry as we visited some of our relatives and friends. At night we returned back and Shivam dropped us at Airport, due to exhaustion babies slept so the journey was peaceful. Once we returned home we get back to our busy life and Sanju nowadays kept busy herself with something. Every weekend, I took them out as that will be a change for the boys, she was not much interested in going out but will come with us like she have no other option. I don't whether I'm overthinking or not, she is trying to create a distance between us, not sure if it's true or not. 

Here in Kerala, my work pattern is entirely different from what I did in the Mumbai zone, here mainly I am into the training section than in the investigation. So have less work pressure and tension, but I really missed working with Sam and the team. As a part of the job, I will be assigned to the other training centers for giving sessions or orientation. So traveling and staying in other districts of Kerala became a part of this. Once a month I will definitely be in some other places for a day or 2. Days progressed without many changes in our life, 2 months boys will be turning 2 but still, their parents are poles apart. Sanjana is supposed to have an office trip next week, which she has to be part of it and her parents said she can go, as it is for a day and night, and will be returning the next day evening. She can tag her husband and kids also, but I can't go as I'm already assigned the task that week. 

My parents along with Shivam came here, knowing our nonavailability. We all are really surprised with Shivam's change of attitude after meeting my champs, he is more concerned about them than anything else. I left a day earlier and Sanjana will be going tomorrow, I don't know how Madhav will react in her absence. I am not worried about Yedhu, as he will be Okay with anyone who he is comfortable with. She is also a little concerned, but the presence of both parents made her a little relieved. I assured her that everything will be fine and went half-heartedly. This time also it is supposed to be a 2-day session and I can be back on the 3rd day. After the end of the first day, some of the seniors planned to join the camp organized in the nearby resort and asked me to join. I rejected the offer and due to their constant nagging, I confirmed that I join them tomorrow not today and there will be 1 more person tagging with me. I heard them teasing me by saying that I will be bringing my female companion but I ignored them. I called Srikantha and asked him to join me tomorrow for the camping and party and he assured me to join.

The next day evening me and Sri joined them after 6 only, it was a little difficult for us to locate the place as it was a remote area. My other colleagues were a little sad when they saw Sri with me.  Words were less for describing that resort. It is situated near the banks of a river and they provide boating and fishing etc. They had a superb large lawn facing the river, they are also having multiple cottages for stay. Food will be arranged based on our request. Everyone gathered on the lawn and had some random personal talks. In the name of the camp, these guys are chilling here and we also enjoyed it. Apart from us other guests were also there, some foreigners and another team. Some guys from the other team also joined us, my concentration was dragged to them when they said that they are from an IT firm in Trivandrum. I tried to search for her, but to my luck, it's not her company I think. I really wished her to be here, I was in my thoughts when Sri approached me. After informing him, I went to my room and get freshened up, and joined back later.

When I was about to go to my crew, I got a call from Shivam for updating me about the champs. As of now Madhav and Yedhu are fine and had their food, now playing with their grandfathers. Shivam send me a video clip of the boys playing, which gave me instant relief. After that, I called Sanju and she said she is fine and was now in the resort and will be having dinner soon. I told her that the boys are fine and she can enjoy it and told her about the plan changes and to stay in the resort. She asked me about the place and I told her what I know. While I was on call, I saw a guy looking/staring at me for a long time and he came to me once I dropped the call. He confirmed with me whether I am Shaam Malhotra in STF, and when I  nodded yes he was surprised. But what surprised me more is how this guy recognized me and he told me that his brother who is preparing for Civil Service is a huge fan of Sam and his team so he knows about me. He talked with me for some time, and by that, his other friends also joined, and he introduced me to his friends. He took me to the place where his team members were sitting and some of my crew was also sitting beside them. My attention was caught by the familiar figure standing at a distance but I ignored it as that lady was holding a kid and talking with the other.