Part 52

Shaam's POV

I planned to go to Delhi as I sensed some strange behaviors from my parents, so I went there unannounced. As expected nothing was fine there, I was welcomed by a drunk and furious version of Shivam arguing with Dad and Mom. I stayed silent for some time to get an idea of the situation after their arguments session Dad saw me and enquired about my arrival. I directly went to Shivam and asked the reason for his actions, he stood there with his face down may be due to guilt. I took him to my room and asked the reason for the arguments and he hesitated to answer me. He told he needs rest for some time and will discuss this once he is done with his hangover. I agreed and he went to his room, after freshening up I went down to my parents. Mom sat there with a dull face and when she was aware of my presence she asked about Sanju and the kids. She said she is really missing them, but can't come there as Shivam is not in a good state. She started crying when she completed this statement and I tried to console her. Somehow I made her eat something and send her to the room and went to Dad.

Dad was waiting for me there and started saying without even asking. He told about the recent happenings, arguments that lead to fighting, and the decision of Shivam and Anupama to get divorced. It was no less than a shocker to me, as Anupama was never in the picture for me. I completely forgot about her presence in our family as I was completely into my boys and Sanju. After hearing everything I said Dad to not worry about anything as we will talk and sort out all the issues. The next day morning I went to Shivam to hear his part of the story, he seemed to be fine then. He started it from the beginning of the marriage which I was less interested in but heard everything like a good listener. But there were a lot of things which I was unaware of and I couldn't explain to him.

Shivam: As you know it was a completely arranged marriage, none of us was forced into this relationship. We started calling and texting once our alliance was fixed, at that time she used to say that there was a guy in her college who is hell behind her and forces her to be in a relationship with her. So in order to avoid him only she agreed to marry soon after completing her studies so he won't disturb her further. Everything was fine with us until 2 years back or so, then she started to pick up fights for silly things, arguing showing violent nature. Behaving rudely to our clients, insulting them, and showing a completely different side of hers. Later she started ignoring me completely and started drinking publically and causing a nuisance. Finally, when it was out of control, I decided to talk to her but she completely avoided me. We started leaving like complete strangers after that, and now she is saying that she doesn't want me and doesn't love me anymore. She now only realized that the guy in the college loved her more and she only want him in his life. So there is no room for further talk and I decided to give her freedom and let her live with the man she loves.

I was dumb after hearing this, I don't know what I have to say. From her part of the story, I am not sure what she is saying about me, if the character she mentioned is me then the story is completely different. I told him that drinking won't be the solution for anything so think and act. I was in confusion what to do, so I went to Dad and asked him whether he knows the part of Anupama's lover and he said yes. From his words I understood that he also knows only what Shivam said. I told him that I need to talk to him privately he agreed and we went out. Once we reached the ground near our home, I initiated to talk.

Me: Dad, hope you remember that I was a love affair in college and you even agreed to go to her home at that time. 

Dad: Yes, because of that only you recklessly behaved and stayed away from us.

Me: Mm, we both were having feelings for each other and I was true to my heart.

Dad: Why are you saying all these things now? Don't say that you are still in love with that girl and planning to follow your Shivam's path and leave my grandkids and Sanjana. 

Me: Dad..! listen to me before firing!, and never ever in my thoughts, I have the plan to look back and leave my wife and kids.

Dad: Okay, then continue.

Me: That girl was Anupama. We were in college together and I didn't know that she was the girl whose marriage was fixed to Shivam. From what she told, she was forced into this marriage by her family. Ana Shivam is having a completely different story. I didn't know the girl was her until the day of marriage. Hope you remember that you forcefully brought me to the marriage and then only I came to know about the bride. And I never came back home for 3 years. And I never had any type of contact or connection with her after that day. And I'm not sure if the guy who mentioning here is me or not.

Dad was silent for a long time, then he started talking.

Dad: Who else knows about this affair of yours with Anupama in the family?

Me: No one

Dad: Sanjana?

Me: No, as it was past and Anupama was in the family I thought of not saying this as it may lead to further misunderstandings.

Dad: Hmm. Then why did you say this now?

Me: I don't know, I feel like I have to share this with someone. I feel guilty that it happened to my brother and I am also a reason for this.

Dad: Let us go home, don't think anything about this now. And considering Sanju's mindset try not to say anything to her now and share with her when she is perfectly fine. It may affect her mindset now, she is in the phase of recovery so don't give more tension.

Me: Okay Dad.

After sharing my part with Dad, I feel relieved but thinking about Sanju and her reaction when she came to know about this gave me a hard time. After 2 days I returned back home and I was not able to behave like the same old Shaam. I tried to ignore her and it never affected her and she gave me the privacy I needed. I missed her very badly even when I was with her.