Part 23

Sanjana's POV

Yesterday morning we reached my home and tomorrow I will be back in Trivandrum and Shaam will go back to Mumbai, don't know when we will see next time. Today went to my cousin's home and Anju went back to her home, from tomorrow everything will be back to normal just like how it was. I was sitting with Achu, my dog, and thinking of all these things, Mom came and told me to go and sleep as she have to lock the door. I just hugged Achu and said bye to him and went to my room where he was packing and arranging his things. I smiled and asked him some casual questions and went to bed. He turned to my side and took my hands in his and tried to remind me of that day, but I cut off him in middle saying I'm sleepy. To my surprise, he hugged me and slept like that, I didn't try to move his hands as I felt it like protection, more like saying that he will be with me. With very difficulty, I slept and woke in the middle of the night multiple times as its new to me.

The next morning when I woke we were in the same position, I tried to release his hold which broke his sleep. He greeted the morning with a smile and went to get ready. I also went and pick my things and got ready. Today I will be resuming work after leaving him at the airport.  So we went out after getting ready, Mom and Papa is also coming to drop us off. First, we went to my hostel and kept my things there, and went to the airport to drop him off. There he took blessings from my parents as we see in Hindi dramas. He came to me and hugged me, kissed my forehead, and said bye. I just nodded and waved him bye. After his security check, my parents also returned back to our home. I took a bus from there and directly went to the office.

From then on my life went back to normal how it was. Shaam texted me when reached Mumbai and told me he will call when he will be free, but for the next few days, I didn't get any calls or texts from him. So my life is the same as earlier, his mom will call me every evening to ask about my whereabouts. Friday morning I texted him mentioning I will be going home evening, and at night when I reached home I got a reply from him saying Okay. Once in 2 days, Shaam's papa will call me and Shubhangi texted me twice other than these I won't have much communication with anyone.

Shaam never called after that I also didn't take any effort to call him thinking that he will be busy and to be frank I can't still accept him as a part of my life. I didn't allow him to be in my world, I may sound rude but the fact is that I can't. My family, my world is still revolving around Papa, Mom, Anju, and her kids. It was easy for me to accept her kids into my world but still, I can't accept her husband in my family circle even after 5 years of their marriage. And then how can I easily allow Shaam whom I bearly known for 3 months into my world? I don't think much about him, maybe he is also doing the same. We are not interfering in each other's life. 

Our office shifted to a new location and I also have shift and look for a new hostel. So one weekend I didn't go to my home and asked them to come here to help me shift. From my new hostel, our office is about 1 km distance, it was a proper city area where the residence of Ministers, Govt offices are located. On my way to the office first comes a fruit stall, then a temple, then a Govt. Library, then the residence of 1 minister after the Police training ground next to it Office of The Commissioner of Police, then the police canteen then again the residence of another Minister.  Then comes the traffic signal, and after that comes the Women's College, next to it Thara Kalayan's (Dancer & Actress) Dancing school, then some small shops and the famous Azad Restaurant from there I have to take a right turn and the 3rd building is my new office which is next to a school. So the area is sort of good and secure we can travel at any time without any fear.  

Mom, Dad, and Anju returned after arranging my stay there. I got 2 roommates who are the almost same age as me but the difference they are still studying and preparing for the Civil service exam. In my previous hostel, everyone was working so there was not much difference, but here I have to be more careful so that I won't disturb their studies. They will take me for a talk in the evening like they also need some free time after their studies. I became one of them soon, in total, we are 4 and we had a good time together. Within a week of time, we were so close to each other. These days were the best days because I was too busy, morning office, after the office will go with them to roam around and have food from out, after all this when I reach the hostel I will be hell tired and will drift to sleep soon. So the calls made to parents and Delhi are made during the walk to the office so that I can spend the entire time with the new company.

One evening while coming back from the office Mom told me about Shaam's relocation to Kerala for some official purpose and asked to spend time together on weekends. Then only I realized that I didn't even text him or told him about relocation, I didn't even remember about him and no one reminded me about him. But soon after reaching the hostel, I forgot about him again. So days passed like that very soon. One Friday morning I was packing my things to go home after office, and I received a text from Shaam. After 5 weeks he is texting me for the first time, he told me to wait for him after the office he will come and pick me up. Also mentioned that we will be going to a friend's place as they have a get-together. I replied Okay and shared my office location as he told me. I bid bye to friends saying that will be going home as it was Friday and will be back on Monday. I went office with some difficult and scared feelings.