Part 37

Shaam's POV

I woke up a bit late due to exhaustion from the previous day's happenings, when I checked my phone it was already loaded with tons of notifications. I saw Sanju's mom's messages also mentioning the updates from the hospital. As per those texts, babies were brought to the room late at night and they were fed on formula as Sanju is still in post-delivery care. They allowed mom to see her and she was allowed to have biscuits and black tea only and by evening only they will send her back to the room. She asked us to have breakfast and come to the hospital before 9 as they will take the kids for performing further tests. I called my parents and asked about their arrival time and told them about hospital updates. After that I went out all set for going hospital, there Papa was waiting for me so we had food and left for the hospital.

Anju was already there playing with the babies, I too joined her. When I tried to hold them, her mom asked me to sit and kept them in my hold. But Papa didn't hold them and said I will only take them when they are 2 months, as he was scared to hold small babies. Later the nurse came and took my champs to perform the tests and asked mom to accompany them. They told me that due to the deficiency of vitamin D there is a slight yellow color for the baby and they were kept in their care. So it was boring to stay at the hospital, so I asked Anju to take me to a baby shop so that I can buy the necessary things for them. After informing the elders we went out and bought loads of stuff, here I have to buy 2 identical pieces of everything as my champs seem to be identical. Mom and Dad were already there by the time I returned. 

They brought Sanju back to the room by lunchtime prior to the time they mentioned and strictly advised her to walk for some time. Both moms helped her to lie on the bed, she is screaming in pain with each movement. After some time they brought our babies also, she tried to get up but failed to move due to the pain. Then I slowly lifted her upper body and made her lean on the wall. When she moves after staying in an idle position makes her wince in pain. By this time the doctor and a nurse came and asked everyone to stay out other than Mom. Nearly after 20  minutes, they were inside and we were outside, then my mom came and told us to go home as the ladies are enough there. I was about to oppose, but both dads said fine and we all returned home.

Sanju's POV

Mom helped me to get up to brush my teeth and have tea, due to the difficulty in getting up I said "I don't want tea, so I'm not going to brush." I don't know how the nurse heard that she started scolding me and said if I don't try to move it will lead to severe pain, so I have to make slight movements. Somehow I brushed my teeth and had tea, but too irritated due to the pain and bleeding. I felt damp and sticky, and even though they change the maternal pad every now and then it gave me some sort of irritation. It is more than 14 after the delivery, now they didn't show me, my babies. I saw the mothers on the nearby bed already with their babies and started feeding them. Then it strikes me, that I have to feed the babies, but I don't know how and I feel shy to expose myself. After an hour mom and a sister came with 2 babies wrapped in towels to my bed. And my curiosity, anxiety, vivacity everything started popping out.

They showed 2 little babies almost looking the same and handed over one to me saying that he is the first one, so I mentally noted "He is my Dudu." and showed the other one "My Piku." The nurse told me that they fed the babies with formula milk, which gave me slight satisfaction. Soon they took both of them saying that they will be kept in Neonatal ICU as they are having Vitamin D deficiency. When the last bottle of infusion was about end, the nurse said that they will send me back to the room and as they said they let me go after giving me n number of do's and don't's. Dudu and Piku were not there when they brought me to the room, moms helped me to lie on the bed. Everyone welcomed me with questions and happy faces and blessings. After all, they brought Dudu and Piku, I was helpless, I couldn't even move from my position and everyone was concentrated on my babies. Accepting my defeat I lied down, but Shaam came near and lifted me and made me lean on the wall, even though there was pain but it was okay for me so that I can see and hold my babies.

I was about to ask mom to give it to me, but the doctor came and asked everyone to go out. Then the nurse took 1 baby and gave him to me, from the tag on his leg I understood it is Dudu again, then she taught me how to hold the baby and how to feed them. It was more like they were giving a tutorial to feed and burp the babies. Once they went mom send the gent's gang back home as we were enough there. They made them stay at the hospital for 5 days and they will dress the wound every morning and evening. Somehow after 5 days, we reached home and the real struggles started.