Part 62

Shaam's POV

I don't how will I answer him, and now I'm more confused as I really don't know whether she is sad because I came. Still, I'm unaware of the reason she left me. I looked at her, she is looking at Madhav, thinking of an answer and I'm patiently waiting for a response from her. But my brilliant Yedhu replied before us, "Dadda, didn't bring toys to her and is not playing with her. He gave chocolates and toys to us but nothing to Mumma. So she is sad." I couldn't control my laugh, suddenly Madhav said "Don't worry Mumma, I will give you my toys and we will buy chocolates for you. I will play with you and I will help you in cleaning and cook food." saying this he went her and hugged her. She kissed him and made him sit on her lap, this guy is already obsessed with her. Seeing this Yedhu also went to her and hugged her and I felt alone again and an addon to them. She made them have the fruits and stood from her place and went to kitchen again. This time I asked the boys to watch TV and followed her to the kitchen with the intention of clearing things.

When she felt my presence, she looked back and continued her job. I stood there leaning on the kitchen slab, watching her. Breaking the silence, she initiated speaking.

Sanju: How is everyone at home?

Me: Good.

Sanju: Shubhangi  & Neerav?

Me: They are good.

Sanju: Shivam?

Me: You should have asked him when he was here.

Sanju: Hmm...

Me: Don't have anything else to ask?

Sanju: Ehh? Anu... Anupama?

Me: Why do you want to know about her? 

Sanju: Nothing... Hope she is doing well.

Me: How can I know that?

Sanju: Hmm...

Me: Sanjana, You still didn't give me an answer.

Sanju: Can we talk about that later?

Me: When SANJANA? FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS, I'M WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.

Sanju: Shaam Please don't shout, kids are there, they will get afraid.

Me: Oh. Till when I have to wait for that, Really I'm losing all my patience.

Sanju: Shaam Please.

Me: I don't want to hear anything. You and the kids are leaving with me tomorrow.

Sanju: I can't do that. I won't get leave and I have applied for 2 weeks' leave from the next week to go home.

Me: Home?

Sanju: My home.

Me: Oh! Do they know about this?

Sanju: No.

Me: Till now, have you tried to contact your parents once? Do you know how they are doing? How could you do this Sanjana?

Sanju: Shaam, I was scared that time. I didn't have any other options. It will be better if talk about this when the kids are not around.

Me: Scared of what?

Sanju: Not now Shaam.

Me: Oh!

Sanju: When are you going back?

Me: Going back? I'm not leaving without you and the kids. I won't give you another chance to escape. 

Sanju: Shaam Please, it will give a negative impact on kids if, we shout here. Till now they don't know anything.

Me: Anything means what Sanjana?

Sanju: Anything about you, me, our relation, their birth and all.

Me: What is there to know about that? We are husband and wife and they are our kids. I don't think there is anything specific to be mentioned here. And I'm not clear on your point.

Sanju: Both you and I know how was our married life. And I don't want my kids to know that they are here because of their parent's mistakes. And I don't want to be a hurdle in your life, and I didn't want to make my kids suffer because of the mistake I made. I don't want us to be a reason for your good future and love life.

Me: Mistake? How come they are mistakes, Sanjana? Good future? Love life? What is all this? Come straight to the point Sanjana, what are trying to imply?

Sanju: I know that you and Anupama were in a relationship, and I clearly know that you couldn't forget her completely. I also know that Anupama divorced Shivam to get back her love.

Me: Stop it, Sanjana. Are you aware of what you are saying? And who are...

Sanju: What happened Yedhu? Do you want something?

Yedhu: No Mumma, I'm here for Dadda, I want to play with him.

Sanju: Oh oh, So my Dudu doesn't want Mumma?

Yedhu: I want you too Mumma, but now I want to play with him. I will play with you later. Or else you also come with us, let us play together. I will call Maadhu also.

Sanju: No worries Dudu, you go and play. Mumma will make something yummy for you and evening we can go to the park and play. 

Yedhu: Okay! Cool Mumma.  Dadda Come, let us play.

Me: Sanjana, we are not done yet.

Sanju: Dudu, take your Dadda with you and play.

She completely ignored me and shattered me with her words. How can she say something like this?  Mistakes? She is referring to our kids to be a mistake by their parents. How does she know about Anupama and me? Who might have told her? As far as I remember I never mentioned anything to her regarding this. Did Anupama tell her? Now it is getting more and more complicated for me. I need to clarify everything as soon as possible. Even if I am playing with kids, I am stuck with our conversation, and her allegations.