Part 12

Sanjana's POV

Someone was continuously tapping me, then with a jerk a woke up and came back to reality. Shaam told me its time for landing and asked to get prepared. I don't know when I slept or how long I slept but it was a good one that relieved me from tiredness. I drank some water and tapped my face with the wet tissue I had with me. So now back to energetic mode, I made myself ready for landing, and it is my first time in Delhi as an adult. From what I heard from my parents I have been staying here with them for nearly 1 year but me being a toddler don't even remember anything. So for me, it's my first time. After landing we headed towards the exit after picking up the luggage. Irritation was evident on Shaam's face and Shubhangi trying to persuade him, did I really make him that angry? Now I have to be more careful before doing or saying something.

Someone was waiting there for receiving us, they took us to a hotel for getting ready for the North Indian wedding. They made me wear a red saree with a shall covering my head and face.."Waah! I really didn't expect this scenario, to be happening in my life while watching all those Hindi series...I feel like a rolling ball decorated in a red saree and ornaments.!" By 7 they took me to a temple where we had a simple marriage with his close relatives. "So sad Sanju..! you are not even in a situation to enjoy this wedding..." One because this man sitting near me is giving hard time by glaring in-between, second the smoke from the firepit is giving me a hard time breathing, third from the morning I carrying all these heavy jewels and I tripped more than 3 times while taking the oaths with him. I realized that I already made myself a fool on this day many times. Finally, it's done, so after the Pandit's declaration about our marriage, he stood up and looked at me, I too tried to get up but failed miserably. Without even thinking once I caught hold of his hand and stood up and gave him a sheepish smile. Once I was steady to go, we together went to his parents and some other elders and took their blessings, and went to the hotel where the reception is supposed to be held.

Again they made me wear another dress, more like traditional party wear, and went to the reception area, he was already there and smiled at me. "Did he smile at me or someone behind?". Shubhangi sent me near him, I stayed beside him, while he was talking with everyone. I don't even have company here, no one from family or friends is here, and I am all alone :(. Out of nowhere Neerav came and held my hand and took me to the ice cream section, I went with him actually I was a bit happy that at least a kid considered me. We went there and with Shubhangi's permission, I got some ice cream for him and was feeding him. Mom with some of her friends came there and she introduced them to me. Then Anupama came there, I don't even know what to call her, and I'm not sure if I address her Bhabhi and whether she will like it or not we didn't have many interactions till now. She introduced me to some of her friends and they gave me "Is this what he got" looks and went from there. They are giving me attitude, and don't even mind them.

I and Neerav were having a small chit-chat, Shaam came there and asked why I didn't inform him when I went from there and I was about to answer, a group of people of not less than 10 members came there. Shaam switched to normal mode from angry mode and introduced them as his friends and told him that Anupama already introduced some of them as her friends. Then one among them told me that they were in the same batch while doing PG, I gave an "Oh! is it look". They talked with us for some time and went for having food not before asking him to join the after-party they organized for him. In between Shubhangi came and took Neerav with him, so now it's Shaam and me only. I smiled at him and he was about to say something but got interrupted by Mom who came to call us for having food.

After having food, Mom gave us the room card to us and asked us to spend the night there as we don't have any auspicious time for the welcoming home ceremony today. Shaam told that he will be back after meeting his friends and asked me to go and take a rest and that he will come later. I took the room card and went to the assigned room. I went to the room and realized that they arranged a wedding /honeymoon suite for us which is decorated completely with flowers that too including Jasmine, roses, and some other flowers. It is really a nice arrangement but much to someone's disappointment I can't tolerate Jasmine's smell which gave me a slight allergic reaction and headache. So I collected my things from the room and went to the reception and asked for a new room. That guy asked me the reason for the switch and I informed him about my allergy issue and he apologized. So he gave me another room which will be booking in his name for easy checkouts. 

And bellboy collected my things and left me in the new room, which is more comfortable for me. I had a quick & relaxing shower and went to the bed in my comfortable dress. I thought of calling and informing him but just left a message informing him about my room switching. I was scrolling through Social media were my friends wished me personally for the wedding. As it's already late I didn't call Mom & Papa instead dropped a text message in our family WhatsApp group including Mom, Papa, Anju, and Vinod. Due to the hectic day, I slept immediately without even setting an alarm for the next day.