Part 33

Shaam's POV

I woke up when she wiggled in my hands and tried to get up only to realize its already morning. I told her to wait and went to her side and slowly helped her to get up, after getting the grip she went to the washroom and I waited for her. Later she came out when I was opening the door to check who knocked. There came Neelu with all smiles, greeting morning she came inside and asked Sanju whether she is ready to take bath, she nodded and they both went in again and also retired to my room and came back after getting ready to go to the hospital. I'm a little tense as it's the first time I'm going with her, almost after one hour she came out with Neelu and sat there for having food. By that time Dad and Mom also came, and we all had food together and went to the hospital.

Mom asked me to go with her to the consulting room when it was our turn, I helped her to get up and we went together inside. The doctor greeted us with a smile and asked her whether I'm her husband to which she nodded yes. Then the doctor proceeded with the checkup and asked her a few questions which she answered and Sanju informed her that she will be going to her native for delivery next week with her parents. The doctor advised her on necessary measures to be considered while traveling and then took asked her to lie on the bed which was inside the cabin. I helped her to get up from the chair and helped her to settle there once she was done, she lifted her top exposing her belly. My eyes popped out when I saw it, it is the first time I'm got a full view like this. The doctor came and applied something to her belly and then used a probe to monitor the babies and soon the fetal movements were displayed on the screen and I saw the babies our kids. I was enjoying the view and the doctor asked whether I see the movements to which I nodded and smiled.

She gave more instructions to her and I helped her to get up and we retired home after getting the medicine. All the while I didn't leave her hand and held her tightly promising myself that I will there every time. On the way home, Dad asked her whether she wish to have anything and I saw mom showing her some gestures. She replied that she want Momos, Kebab, Biriyani, and Chole Bhatura she gave a long list and dad asked mom to which restaurant she want to go to because all Sanju said is mom's favorite. So Dad took us to the place where mom said and we had many varieties of food and returned home. On the way back Dad stopped at our nearby sweet seller and bought something and gave it to Sanju. She took it and said Thank you more than 10 times and told that she thought he forgot about that to which Dad said "How can I forget this when you say it daily less than 100 times". I was eager to know what it is so that I can also buy her next time. I made a note that I have to ask her what she likes to have and buy all those things.

We reached home and she directly went to bed saying she is tired, I asked her to change and sleep. So she did as I said and came to bed.

Me: Sanjana, let me know when there is movement so that I can feel them.

Sanju: Oh Okay! Give me that box.

Saying that she sat on the bed, leaning against the bedpost. I gave her the same box that Dad gave her on the way back. She told me to sit near her, so I went and sat beside her. She told me to keep my palm on my belly and I did. She then opened the box and took Jalebi & dipped it with Rabdi, even I got water in my mouth when I saw her mixing, it is my favorite sweet. She took the first bite and second bites, and it tempted me, before taking the third bite I felt something pushing my hand and pulled my hand back. I got surprised because my concentration was full on Jalebi and it was unexpected. She motioned me to look at her tummy, and I saw the baby's movements. Like a pop-it, it will bulge and go down, I pulled up her top so that I get a clear view. I touch on those parts where the is popping up, it felt good to touch them. Being impatient I kissed them where ever I see the movement. She chuckled seeing my actions which caught my attention, I went to her and kissed her forehead, and helped her to lie back.

Sanjana's POV

As informed earlier Shaam's cousins were there when reached home. We were talking and planning to watch a movie after lunch when I heard a gasping sound from Mom and moved my gaze to her side. I got startled seeing Shaam standing there. I don't know what to do, he didn't even spare a glimpse of me, so I stayed there silent. I didn't hear what they, said because I'm scared right now, I was expecting to go back home next week and never come back so that I don't have to see him unless he wishes to. My trance was broken when Papa came to me and helped me in getting up from my seat, he is the one who usually helps me to get up because I can't do anything alone with my baby bump. He helped me to the dining hall and I saw Shaam standing there with shocking expression, I walk past him and food and went out, and retired to my room for a nap. He ignored me all day and never came to me making me feel sad, so I retired to my room after dinner.

I have an early morning appointment tomorrow, so I need to sleep early. I don't why I slept immediately once my body hit the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night as I have to change my sleeping side,  when I woke up I didn't find Neelu on her bed, maybe she didn't come as she expected Shaam to stay with me. With these thoughts, I went to the washroom and returned only to see that Sham in the bed on the other side. I can't sleep in Neelu's bed, it's too small for me and only can accommodate a small person. So without any option, I moved to his side and asked him to move to the other side and he did as I said after asking me the reason. I slowly settled on the bed and when I gave him permission to touch the baby he seemed to be happy. I felt very good and happy when he touched our babies and kissed me. He came back and once he settle in bed he hugged me from the back like every time, this time it included our babies too.

He initiated talking and his questions were hinting that he didn't even know about the babies, which may be asked because I never said anything. It should be me who should say him first but I didn't say it due to my guilt. Even if it is late, I got a chance to clear our misunderstanding, so I was happy and slept with him peacefully as he don't hate our babies. The next day's hospital visit went well, we had lunch from Mom's favorite place and returned home. When he told me that he have to feel the baby's movements, it instantly brought happiness and I sat on the bed. Dudu and Piku will move when I will have Shaam's favorite sweet, I'm not a fan of sweets but my pregnancy made me a sweet tooth. So I dipped Jalebi in Rabdi and ate, so here they started their play, so for some time, they will do this. I will get exhausted after their playtime because I'm their playground.

Sometimes when it is more than expected, I will scold them when we are alone. They are my life, my happiness, my world. Their thought itself took me to my happy world and I chuckled, Shaam's kiss on my forehead brought me back to sense. I felt like hugging him when he settled beside me, but when I tried to do that my hand nearly reached only to touch him, not able to hug him. Due to my touch, he looked at me and raised his eyebrows and shamelessly I replied "I feel like hugging you, but I'm not able to do that" pointing to my tummy. He started laughing when I said that, and he got up again and sat in the leaning positing and hugged me and I felt too good to be in his hands. I slept like that when I woke up also we were in the same position. I took his hand and kept it on my belly so that my babies will also be in his hold in the safest place I know.