Part 28

Sanjana's POV

After a nice sleep, I went down with the thought of having coffee. Neelu offered me one but I denied saying I will do it. I went to the garden with the coffee and sat there enjoying the evening after some time Anupama also joined me. It was the first time she came to me and initiated a chat session. She talked about my job, family, and life in Kerala and she left a good impression for her on me but I didn't realize that it was too early to judge someone. Her next questions made me sort of uncomfortable but replied politely.

Anupama: Do you like Delhi? Here we have different cultures and lifestyles.

Me: It is good, but not completely adapted.

Anupama: I see. I can understand switching from village life to a city is difficult. Try to adapt fast, Shaam is not so fond of the villages and people there.

Me: Oh Okay.

Anupama: Mentioning Shaam only  I remember, How is your life with him? 

Me: All good.

Anupama: Let me know if you have any issues with him. I will ask him to treat you well.

Me: Yeah sure. Thanks!

Anupama: Most welcome. Hope you that we studied together.

Me: Yeah, I know.

Anupama: I know him better. If you want to know anything about him, you can always come to me.

Me: Okay.

Anupama: And where is he, I didn't see him around.

Me: He went out with friends for shopping.

Anupama: Shopping without you. OMG! Till he is like that, once he is with friends he will forget everything. His whole world revolves around his friends.

Me: Oh Okay.

She was about to say more but Mom came there and sat with us. She asked when we are going to the function. I told her that he said he will be back by evening and will go to the marriage. She nodded and asked me whether I'm wearing a saree or a dress to which I said that I will wear a dress as its comfortable. She smiled and asked me to try sarees also because for family functions sarees are better. I said okay and smiled. Later we retired to our respective rooms. Shaam came back after 6 in the evening and told me to be ready by 7 and I did as he said. We went together to the function, as Shaam was there Mom and Dad told us they are not coming and asked us to enjoy ourselves. 

We reached the destination and went inside where was welcomed by his bunch of friends. I know some of them as I met them yesterday. I asked him to enjoy himself with friends and sat there with others in the audience area. He hesitated at first but later he went as his friends compelled him. I sat there enjoying the North Indian wedding, this is the first time I got a chance to attend a wedding. I couldn't enjoy mine due to smoke and tiredness. Now I can see all the rituals and see everything, I am sort of happy as I got a chance. After 2 hours or so the wedding rituals got completed and I waited there for Shaam. But my attention got drawn when I heard Malayalam. A guy who sat behind me is talking with someone on the phone clearly showing his irritation and disinterest in attending the wedding, he is talking to his mom who send him to attend this wedding. I couldn't control my laugh when he was blabbering to the person on the other end. 

As expected my laughter caught his attention and he raised his eyebrows and asked what. I shook my head indicating nothing controlling my laugh. He disconnected the call and asked me the reason, he asked in Hindi but I replied "nothing", in Malayalam. Then he nodded his head indicating that he understood my reason. Then he introduced him and I did the same. His name is Balu, his family is settled here. The Bride family used to be his neighbor and due to some other reasons, no one from his family couldn't make it his mom send him instead of them which is the reason for his irritation. We had food together and enjoyed each other's company till Shaam came. I introduced Shaam to Balu and we left for home. He booked a driver to return home when I asked him the reason he told "Drink and driving is an offense". So he indirectly told me he is drunk but he didn't seem to be drunk.