Part 13

Shaam's POV

The next morning was full of hurry burry, and as planned Sanju's relative came to help me in wearing the dhoti and grooming as a Malayali groom. It is pretty difficult to handle this dhoti, and soon we reached the temple. Adarsh Sanju's cousin was always with me in assisting all things and that was really helpful. He took me to the temple and later her other family members with garlands and all. First, he washed my feet then welcomed me by giving me garland and a flower bouquet, lead me to the wedding hall, and made me sit there after some time, in a similar way they made Sanju sit beside me.

I was a bit nervous, she is sitting there like all these things are not affecting her. Then as instructed dad gave me the holy thread to tie and I turned to tie it and found her sitting there with closed eyes and joined hands maybe praying which gave me a slight satisfaction. I was nervous and took some time to tie the thread, and I feel like she is tilting her head to my side according to my hand movements, then only I realized my hand is on her shoulders and I was giving some pressure. After tieing the thread when I composed my sitting posture, I found everyone is having a mocking smile but ignored it. Then we exchanged rings filled her hair partition and she stood from her seat and came to my side and took blessings from me by touching my feet in return I gave her a set where there were 2 sarees and returned to her seat. Then after singing some documents her father gave her hand to me. Then we were dragged for the photo session and immediately someone came and told her something and she went with them what will I do here, even Adarsh is nowhere to see. And these photographers are asking me to do this and do that. After some time I saw her coming in another saree, and that's when I realized she went to change. 

After taking some more photos we went to have lunch and I can't even enjoy the food, so I had it just for formality. Then again she went missing by the time I came after washing, but luckily I found Adarsh and some of my friends standing there and talking so went to them. My friends are asking him the places to visit and finally, Adarsh also agreed to go with them as their guide until they are in Kerala. I thought of asking him about the next process, but the photographers called me and we went there. And there she stands in another saree, oh so she has to change 3 times in the whole process, Thank God! at least I don't have to go through these. After another photo session, it's time for farewell, and her family seems to be gloomy. Another shock that I got is, she is the one who is consoling everyone. She is trying to act funny for consoling everyone, I have to accept she has good willpower.

On the way to the airport, Neerav came and sit in her lap and tried to touch her ornaments and flowers, and her full concentration is on him trying to understand what he is saying. When we reached the airport we all get down and waited for her to get down, she took some time to get down. She came out giving me another shock, now she is wearing another dress completely covering her along with a shall which she used to cover her head. Here I'm standing like a fool in this uncomfortable dree, she even planned to arrange one for her to cover herself. She should at least have given a hint so I too would have prepared. 

Shubhangi sensed my anger and asked me to calm down as it was my mistake not thinking about the travel and preparing. I just nodded and went ahead to the initial security check. There Mahesh gave everyone's ticket and the guard gave me weird looks, so as ID proof I showed my STF ID and he just nodded and saluted me. So for all the security checks I just gave this ID in order to avoid the curious & suspicious looks. But all the while until we boarded, we got weird looks and during her security check I just told them the scenario, so we proceeded after confirming and seeing the wedding pics. After boarding, I allowed her to take the window seat so that she can comfortably travel, until the take-off announcement Neerev was jumping from row to our back row. Maybe for giving us privacy, they asked for another while security check.

Sanju slept after some time and I allowed her to sleep, thinking of the day ahead I also closed my eyes for a nap. I woke up nearly after 2 hours of travel and thought of calling her at the time of landing. As expected she jerked off from sleep due to my continuous tapping and asked her to get ready as its time for landing. We collected the luggage and went to the parking where our car was waiting. Due to the weird attention from everyone I was losing my temper and Shubhangi tried to calm me down, and we directly went to the hotel and freshened up for the North Indian wedding. She also came after getting redding in new attire, she didn't remove the holy thread which I tied in the morning, now again similar rituals. I sensed she is being uncomfortable there and I tried to find the reasons, as it was not nervousness. She is now all red and her eyes started to bulge, in between I looked at her to find the reason, when we were doing 7 oaths she tripped on her saree multiple times which was funny and I controlled myself from laughing. After completing all rituals I stood up and she failed, her sudden hold on my hand made me look at her and she smiled and I nodded. After taking a blessing from my parents we went to the reception after changing into new attire.