Part 9

Shaam's POV

For the next 3 days, I haven't heard anything from my parents about the proposal. On the 4th day, Mom called me and said, they are going to Kerala on coming Friday to see the family and girl and checked about my availability. I denied going with them and informed them that I'm okay with their decision. Even though she was not happy to go without me, but still satisfied with my positive response.

Everyone from my family went there that day, it was more like fixing the marriage and the date finalizing. I got a call from Shubhangi later evening. We had a casual Hi, how are you talk and suddenly she said she will give the phone to Sanjana, I guess that's her name. We just talked about some basic things job and stay. She was reluctant to talk, maybe we don't have anything in common and don't even have a comfortable language to talk. For making it more ease I told her that I can understand Malayalam, and am able to handle it a little bit. From this short discussion, I understood that she loves her job and has less confidence to talk with others. Later in the evening, Mom told me that they fixed the marriage and it will be in 2 months before Shubhangi's departure. To be frank, I was not okay with that but still had to agree with them.o

Papa told me that we will be having a ring exchange ceremony and a South Indian wedding and later will be having a wedding in Delhi as per our culture where we can invite our friends and relatives. So for the ring exchange function, I went to Kerala directly from Mumbai. But what made me more shocked was her attitude, she is acting like a normal girl who came to attend the function. If I didn't get a chance to see her photo earlier, definitely I would have misunderstood her to be an attendee. We got a chance to talk in between the function and she told me that she is willing to continue her job even after the wedding, I said okay without even thinking because it's her life and her wish. If someone asks me to quit my job, I won't be appreciating that so it's applicable to others also. She said Thanks, and rest she stood silent smiling.

Here the rings are having the name of the Groom  & Bride unlike ours. So now I'm having the ring with her name and she is having the one with mine. They shared the wedding videos of her sister so that I can see and practice their wedding. After the function, she immediately went and changed the saree and came in Kurti set, who may not be a fan of saree. Mom asked about some of her preferences she said she is okay with the things we arrange. She is here physically but not mentally, my police mind started thinking about the possibilities of her ignorance, Is it ignorance or absence of mind? Maybe she is not comfortable talking with us, but there was always a smile.

Neerav and her sister's kids are playing together and blabbering something in their language, everyone is in their own world, I got a call and went out for attending it. There I found a dog, a Pomeranian white dog, and thought of going near it. But returned back, when I saw it was having ice cream and enjoying its chat session with Sanjana, maybe her dog. By evening we bid bye and returned after settling on upcoming wedding plans.

The following days were extremely busy for me as I applied for leave for the wedding and didn't get a chance to talk or text with Sanjana, even she didn't make any effort of calling/texting. So everything is normal in life other than wedding preparations from the family side. I got a 1-month leave and thought of informing mom, but she said Sanjana got only 8 days' leave for her own wedding and annoyance was clear in her tone. So to pacify her, I said it was fine because I only have 15 days of leave and left that topic. 

Now I'm on the way to Delhi after inviting my colleagues to my Wedding in Delhi. In a single day, I have to marry her twice one in South Indian style and another in North Indian. My upcoming days will be busier than expected. Mom prepared everything for the wedding so only my dresses are pending to buy. Throughout my entire journey, I was thinking about the decision I took and the future ahead. I know the decision was all of a sudden and may be spoiling both of our life. But I'm sure that I will be sincere in this relationship, don't know about her, we didn't even have a nice talk till now. We spoke hardly 10-15 words in total. Anyhow full life is there to talk and discuss, with that thought I headed home.