Part 50

Sanjana's POV

Unlike other days he started spending his night in the room with us and will help me in the night to handle the kids. He went to Delhi as planned and came back late and was not in a good state once he returned. I felt like he is hiding something from me, but considering his privacy I didn't ask him anything. He behaved normally with kids so I sensed its something related to me and it bugged my thoughts. I tried to stay calm and invested myself in my work and kids and kept all the thoughts apart. His parents didn't come here and the frequency of calls also reduced. All of these were not giving good vibes. Finally one day evening, he asked me to accompany him to Delhi with the kids and asked to stay there for 2 days and no place for negotiation was given. So he planned to go on a weekend and informed both families about our visit to Delhi.

Traveling was a little difficult with the boys as it was their first flight travel. Dudu was silent and enjoyed the travel, as always Piku was a little cranky, and somehow we made it and reached home. Shubhangi, Mahesh, and Neerav were also there and I'm unaware of their arrival. Shivam and Anupama were not there Mom and Dad came and took the boys from us, Dudu happily went with them but Piku started crying when Mom took him from me, so Shaam consoled him. Neerav was so excited to see the babies and asked his parents to buy him a baby. Everyone teased him, when he said, after some pleasantry talks we retired to our room. As the boys were tired from the travel, soon they drifted to sleep and Shaam asked me to come down after settling the boys and I did as he said.

I saw everyone waiting in the drawing room with a serious face, and Mom asked me to sit. I sensed uneasiness and as expected dad started talking and dropped a bomb. It was not less than a shocker to me, I expected this to happen, but not this soon. He told that Shivam and Anupama are not willing to continue their relationship and applied for mutual divorce. I looked at Shaam's face which is void of emotions, so it's clear that he is aware of it. So this was the matter which bothered him during those days after he returned from here. So now it's also time for me to leave the space so that he can lead his life. Shubhangi and Mahesh were asking them the reason and suggested talking to them and all, but Mom said there is no space for any talks as they already processed everything.

When they were busy discussing on Shivam, I returned to the room thinking about me and my kids. We also have to move out from his life, and my kids do not even get enough time to spend with their father. It will be great earlier to get separated if the boys are too attached to him and their separation will be difficult. But it's hardly 2 months since I started my job, and it will take some time for me to be stable, and all of a sudden if something like this happens means, how will I face everyone? What answer will I give my parents, friends, and family? Will we be a burden to them, how will we progress in our life? I was getting mad with these thoughts and thinking about our future. 

Evening Shaam's grandparents came to see the kids, Neerav was so eager to show them his brothers. They blessed us and gifted many things to the boys. But due to Shivam's issue, everyone was in a bad state of mind and they tried not to express it. After dinner, everyone retired to their room and I also tried to put the boys back to sleep, but due to the change of place and climate they were difficult to handle. When I was handling the crying Dudu, his Mom came to the room and talked with me, and apologized for not coming home to check on the boys. I said it was fine and I can understand the situation. Then she asked about the job and new home and life with Shaam. She asked me to take care of Shaam also as he is sensitive when it comes to family. I assured her that everything will be fine soon and not to worry. All the while Piku was happily crawling on the ground and Dudu was crying and snuggled to me. When he felt hungry he started sucking his thumb and my face, when mom take this hint she asked me to feed him and asked whether I need hot water or anything for feeding. I said it will be fine and he is disappointed due to the change of place and new people around him. Once he gets a nice sleep he will be fine. She nodded and went out saying she will send Shaam to handle Piku so that I can make Dudu sleep.

After a while, Shaam came inside and took Piku with him, and meanwhile, I put Dudu back to sleep. I got freshened after that, when I returned Shaam was there with Piku and trying to feed him with the bottle and he took a sip of milk and spat it on Shaam's face and will laugh. I think he is doing this for some time, as I already can see spilled milk around them. When he got a glimpse of me he started crawling toward me, I took him and blabbered something to him and he giggled and laughed as I started talking. After our little playtime, he become tired and started yawning so it was easier for me to make him sleep. All the while Shaam was there inside the room and didn't say anything to me and I too ignored him as I am yet to take my decision.