Part 30

Sanjana's POV

I woke up when I felt a continuous tap on my shoulders, it was Mom and she asked me to get up as we have to go to another section for the doctor's consultation. I nodded and went to the washroom and faced my face and made myself presentable. Mom and Dad took me there, we were waiting for our turn, but due to my fever, I was left out of energy. Dad made me lean on his shoulders and patted my head and assured me that everything is fine, mom also held my hands and assured me there is nothing to worry they are also my parents. I don't know why I felt like crying and struggled to control my tears. We were called inside soon, Mom only came with me inside. Doctor asked me about the last period's date and how often the irregularity is, how long been married and all. But the next question put me in the worst situation "Hope there is no abortion or miscarriage history". I remained silent for a minute and said,  "Yes Doctor I do have, 3 months back I was hospitalized due to heavy bleeding and severe stomach pain. Then only I realized that I was pregnant and miscarried due to food I had." Doctor nodded and wrote something, Mom's hold my hand became tight, I know she might be angry or shocked due to this revelation. 

From the facts and calculations, it is 9+ weeks of gestation, so she checked the heartbeat of the baby and told as of now everything is fine. She told me to take proper care and rest for 3 months as I already had a history she strictly asked mom to be alert on my diet and rest. After that, she prescribed medicines for me and forwarded the medication file for fever treatment. Once we were back in the room, Mom asked me in an angry tone why I didn't inform them about this leaving Dad confused. I didn't have any answer so, I kept my head down and mumbled a sorry. Then she asked me whether my parents know about this, I said no to which she said unbelievable. Then she asked me who took me to the hospital at that time when I said it is Shaam, she got upset. As dad is confused he asked mom the reason and she explained about the miscarriage. She also explained that the doctor asked her to monitor whether I'm having proper rest, and be alert on the diet. Dad nodded and sat on the chair. Mom called my mom and conveyed all these and told her not to worry about anything as she is taking me with them then handed the phone to me. My mom talked with me sometimes and told me not to worry about anything and to do as mom says.

After that, she called Shaam and shouted at him for hiding it. She angrily told him not to talk with her hereafter as he hide this from her and disconnected the call. Dad came near me and said not to worry this is normal between mom and son and will be fine soon. I smiled when he said this but our talk was interrupted by the call which came to my phone. It was Shaam, dad nodded and asked me to talk to him and I nodded. Mom and Dad went out saying they will buy some fruits and food and will be back. I attended the call and he asked me "Are you free to talk for 5 minutes?" When I said yes, he asked me to come out of the office and talk, then only I realized he is not aware that I'm hospitalized so I said Okay. He started shouting at me when I said okay and didn't give me a chance to talk back so I listened to everything he said.

Shaam: Are you out of your mind? We decided together that we won't disclose the miscarriage things to both families, then why did you do this? Do you have any problem with me? Why are you trying to create a drift between me and my mom? Are you satisfied with this? If this didn't satisfy means, tell them what happened on our wedding day. Clearly specify that I forced you and even tied you to the bedpost. So that they will kick me out of the family. Why are you like this?

He said a lot more and I don't even know what he said when he stopped shouting I asked "Done?" but he didn't say anything. So I said "Thanks" and disconnected the call. I didn't feel like talking to him and I am clear that his parents came here without telling him. I think that mom didn't say about my pregnancy to him. I gently stroked my tummy where my baby is. I again got immersed in my thoughts about my future and realized that now there is no going back. I don't know whether he will accept this baby and he is already considering me a burden in his life. Mom and dad came back after some time and Mom feed me some light food. Mom stayed with me all the time taking care of me, she ignored Shaam's calls and I was afraid to say anything, so I tried to avoid topics related to him.