Part 17

Sanjana's POV

After some time, I came out of the restroom. He asked me to have tea, I didn't deny it as I need 1 for my headache. Due to suffocation from the closed doors, I went to the balcony he too came and sit there and asked me to sit. I listened to what he said and gave a nod as a reply and out of nowhere is asked me how did I get into his room, his room, how come and just gave me a confused look. When he told me he didn't remember anything I was not expecting this twist. When I didn't reply to anything, he just shouted at me, So I stood in my seat and went in to find my phone to show him the room booking notification that I received yesterday.

After taking 2 steps, he caught hold of my hand and dragged me back to where I stood and again asked me the same question How did I get inside? I was about reply back, but then a call notification on his phone diverted the topic, and he said to me get ready for heading home and went for checking out not before warning me that he need his answers. And I made my decision not to tell him anything, as there is no mistake on my side this time. Here I'm the one who is at a complete loss and this man is shouting at me without even remembering or realizing anything.

I changed into a dress that his mother asked me to wear for today's welcoming function and packed my things and left for the lobby where the hotel representative again apologized. I asked him to ignore that as it was not their mistake and moved to the exit after informing Shaam. He just gave us a confused look and came with the car after some time. He took the bag from my hand and kept it in the trunk and asked me to sit in the passenger seat and I did so. Later he joined us and started our journey to his home. I was looking out and seeing the places, and again he started. This man is not even letting me forget what happened, here I'm trying my best to ignore everything and behave as if nothing happened.

But when he addressed me as Sanju, I already reached my maximum. Since yesterday night he is calling me all names other than mine and now he is calling me Sanju, God knows whether he knows my name or not and I don't want him to call me Sanju. Whenever he is talking to me I don't feel like listening or responding, maybe because he already lost that good guy image. So without even thinking I said, "It's Sanjana" he gave me a confused look so I repeated that my name is Sanjana so that hereafter he won't call me anything else. The rest journey was silent till we reached our destination.

Once we reached his home, he went out and I followed him. It is a big house with a garden and extra parking space for 3 cars, as everyone told they are rich. But from what I heard from him, he kept his profile during his college time which lead to his break up and Anupama agreed to Shivam's Proposal. I think after marriage only they came to know that Shaam is Shivam's brother, So sad..! I don't know how long I stood in the same position and was thinking, a shake made me come to reality. I looked at Shaam and he pointed me towards the entrance and went with him and he said "Sanjana, I know a sorry can't rectify my mistakes, hope that you won't let others know what happened between us and will act normal to everyone". I just nodded for that not knowing whether to reply for that or not.

Did he really think I'm not behaving normally, how did he expect me to behave? Thinking all this I don't know when I reached the doorstep, his Mom did all those things which I am familiar with, from all those Hindi series. And they made us sit on chairs, and some relatives came and introduced themselves. Some are talking in Hindi, some in some other languages more like Hindi and don't know what exactly is that.  His Grandparents came and blessed us, later we all did breakfast saying that tomorrow's breakfast will be my responsibility, it's their culture, and explained all those things. Like a good listener, I heard all those things. And internally what I thought is, Aunty I know all these things, like all other Malayali I am also a fan of the Hindi series, and I came all prepared for this. But I tried to bury those with me.

After breakfast, she made us visit some of their neighbors and relatives as we don't have many leaves, and exactly after 5 days, I will be back in Kerala. Shaam will be coming with me to drop off there and stay for 2 days there and will be back in Mumbai back to his job. I came to know about his plan parts while having breakfast. Most of the time I will be staying quiet with limited words, we had lunch at his uncle's home, and Shaam's cousins were nice to me, they asked about the work culture and all as they are doing Engineering and planning to start in careers in Software field and this is the place where I got chance to talk more. After lunch, we went back home as his Mom informed us that everyone will be going to the temple evening. 

Shaam showed me his room and asked me to take rest as I was too tired so immediately went to bed and slept. By 4 in the evening, I woke up and went down as I didn't find anyone in the room. After having tea, Neelu the house help who is more like a family gave me a house tour. She is working here since a young age, don't think she is too old she is only 34 her husband is working as a driver here and they have 2 school-going kids who are staying with her parents. Here they have an outhouse to stay so they stay here and during vacation, their kids come and spend time here.  She showed me the stairs outside the home which lead directly to Shaam's room and she told me that he will come home mostly at random times so that in order not to disturb anyone he will use this. 

I thought of asking about the food preference of everyone so that I can prepare for the ritual tomorrow. She told that everyone prefers spicy and Indian food, and they will have whatever is prepared. No one will complain about food as they respect it. Shubhangi during her pregnancy time alone had issues with food and complained a lot other than that everyone will have the food without complaining if it's eligible. I thought of making Dosa and asked her about the availability of batter she told that it is available in the nearby market and will arrange it for me for tomorrow and I felt blessed and more than happy.