Episode 3: The Pack Mentality (Part 2)

The student got up to move, and Jackson shoved him out of the way before taking his seat, causing Scott and Matt to scowl at Jackson's rude behavior. Before they could say anything to each other, Danny started a conversation, "So, I hear they're saying its some type of animal attack. Probably a cougar."

"I heard mountain lion." Jackson added.

Lydia, staring at her tray, spoke up in an annoyed tone of voice, "A cougar is a mountain lion." Jackson and Danny stared at her blankly, surprised by this answer. Lydia, suddenly realizing something, immediately tried to backtrack, "...Isn't it?" she questioned.

"It is." Adalind added, poking the food in her tray in boredom.

Jackson raised his eyebrow and scoffed, "Who cares? The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway." Matt clenched his fist under the table, holding himself back from doing something he'd regret.

Stiles, who had began to look up the case on his phone, suddenly spoke up when he finally got more information, "Actually, I just found out who it is. Check it out."

Stiles pulled up a video on his phone and turned it so the others could see it. It was from a news website, and a reporter could be heard narrating the story, "The Sheriff's department won't speculate on details of the incident but confirmed the victim, Garrison Myers, did survive the attack. Myers was taken to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition."

Scott gasped when he recognized the name of the man identified as the victim, "Wait, I-I-I know this guy." 

Allison looked at Scott, "You do?" she asked him.

"Yeah, when I used to take the bus, back when I lived with my dad. He was the driver." he answered.

Scott, Stiles, and Matt share a pointed look before Lydia spoke up in a bored, annoyed tone of voice, "Can we talk about something slightly more fun, please? Like..." Lydia gasped when she finally got an idea and turned to talk to Allison, talking right over Scott, who was seated between them, "Oh, where are we going tomorrow night?" Allison and Scott's brows furrowed, making it clear they had no idea what she was talking about, so Lydia clarified, "You said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow, right?" she asked her.

Allison raised her eyebrows and gulped nervously, realizing exactly what Lydia was about to do and trying to keep it casual in hopes of Lydia staying out of it, "Um, we were thinking of what we were gonna do..."

Allison looked at Scott apologetically, knowing Lydia was about to invite herself and Jackson into their plans, and Stiles' and Matt's eyes widen when he has the same realization. Predictably, Lydia did just that, "Well, I am not sitting home again, watching lacrosse videos, so if the four of us are hanging out, we are doing something fun." she told them. She then turned to face Adalind and Matt, "You two should come too, considering you're dating."

Matt choked on his food at what Lydia said while Adalind's eyes widened. While Mat tried to recover, Adalind quickly spoke for them, "Yeah, no. We are VERY much not dating. So no thanks. Besides, I have plans tonight." she told her.

Lydia frowned, then quickly shrugged, "Oh well. That's a shame. You two look cute together. So I guess it's just the 4 of us hanging out." she said. Matt could tell Adalind was slightly stressed and frustrated as he looked at her. That's when he saw it. She suddenly woged into a hexenbiest, still not noticing Matt could see her woge. But obviously, nobody else could see her woge. Matt's eyes widened as he quickly looked away from her and back down at the tray. She woged back as she took a breath.

Scott, completely stunned at this turn of events, gaped helplessly, "H-H-Hanging out? Like, the four of us?" he stuttered.

Scott turned to Allison, who had covered up her displeasure at their plans being crashed by drinking out of her water bottle, "Do you wanna hang out?" Scott asked. Scott forced himself to spit out the rest of the sentence, clearly hating the idea, as Stiles and Matt both knew this was about to be a disaster. Stiles covered his mouth with his hand to prevent himself from interjecting as Matt had to hold himself back to stay silent.