Heart Monitor (Part 7)

Night at Adalind's House

"Now Adalind, I thought we had an agreement." Elijah said as he slowly paced back and forth in front of Adalind, who was sitting on a long couch with her legs crossed and an annoyed look on her face. "I said to not do anything that may impact his training negatively or positively. You..." He stopped in front of Adalind and faced her, "Literally saved his life and didn't give him a chance to defend himself."

"He didn't even HAVE a chance to defend himself!" Adalind yelled back, leaning forward. Elijah gave her a look, telling her to lower her tone. Adalind leaned back before she began to explain again, "The guy was about to kill Scott McCall. Our closest lead to whoever this Alpha may be and beating him, was about to die and Matt wouldn't have able to do anything. Matt did not have any weapons to actual defend himself either. This training is going to kill him before he has a chance to help us."

Elijah sighed and massaged his eyes. he took a step closer to Adalind, "Firstly, there is a difference between guiding someone through a test and teaching them how to get the answers... and giving them a cheat sheet. You could have easily simply pushed the Siegebarste off of McCall." Adalind's eyes fell from Elijah's words. He was right. Elijah continued to explain, "This would have taught him to always be prepared, to see that danger is around every corner as a Grimm. His senses would have kicked in as well. Most Grimms truly hone and gain their skills before a life or death experience. This would have been just that opportunity."

 Adalind looked away from her Original vampire father. A part of her knew he was right. Elijah could tell. He walked closer to her and crouched so they were now eye-level, "Adalind.. Is the true reason why you saved them is because you... care for them or at least for him?" Elijah asked. Adalind scoffed with a smile as she shook her head, still looking away. Elijah's expression hadn't changed at all, "Adalind, look at me." Hesitantly, Adalind looked at him with a straight face and Elijah leaned in, "Look me in the eyes and tell me... that you do not care for this boy."

Adalind's eyes widened from shock before she pointed to herself, "You really think I would care about Stiles?" She then let out a sarcastic laugh.

But Elijah's expression hadn't changed at all, "Adalind..." he said, making her lose the sarcastic expression and look at him in the eyes. "Do you care... for Matthew Burkhardt?"

"Are you seriously trying to compel me? Originals might be able to compel Hexenbiests, but that's still harsh." She replied.

Elijah took in a deep breath for patience with his eyes closed before he opened them again, "You and I both know I would never compel you... Because I don't need to. Now tell me the truth." he requested.

Adalind looked him dead in the eyes again, knowing there's no way to fool her way out of this one. She looked down to think before she looked at Elijah with her answer at the ready, "... I don't know... Maybe..." Elijah continued to look in her eyes, but was cut off when she looked down, "Go ahead... Lecture me... Shame me for possibly liking a Grimm... Our sworn enemy."

Elijah huffed, "Adalind, you and I both know I would never do such a thing. But..." He stood up and straightened his jacket, "I should warn you about falling in love with a Grimm in general. You know what happens with Grimms and relationships, especially romantic ones." Adalind sat up and looked up at Elijah and a smirk appeared on his face, "But I would approve." Adalind rolled her eyes and walked off towards the door.

The Burkhardt House

Matt's bloody lip was being dabbed on by cotton by Juliette on the couch. Matt winced in pain, "Calm down. You'll be wishing for only this kind of pain when you're older." she told him, making his chuckle.

Nick was pacing up and down behind him angrily, "I'm gonna kill him. I swear I'm gonna kill him." he said, referring to Elijah.

"Honestly, honey, give him a break. His training idea wasn't that bad." Juliette said as she finished up dabbing his lip, "There, all done."

She got up and began packing her mid kit away, "I agree. It wasn't that bad. Besides the getting punched in the face part." 

Nick scoffed sarcastically and stopped before he turned to face Matt, "A Siegebarste is a Wesen Grimms only go after after roughly 7 months of training. You barely have any and-"

"And I came out alive! That's a feat better than most Grimms don't ya think?" Matt asked as he stood up. Juliette took the med kit and walked away to put it away.

"You managed to lay down one punch on the guy and with one swipe, you were down. You aren't ready to face off against the Siegebarste yet. You need more training." Nick said before he turned around to walk away.

Matt pulled him back by the hand, "What is training without actually using it??" Nick glared at him, "You know that if it was something I can't handle, I'd call you right away. And if you're right and I can't take on this thing... then I'll let you train me."

Nick sighed and considered it. Matt wasn't lying when he said those words and Nick accepted it, "Fine. Now go read some of the journals before you go to bed."

Matt smiled before he ran off up to his room.

Nick sighed as he sat down on the couch with Juliette walking up to him from behind, "Still worried about him, huh?" she asked.

"Of course I am." he replied.

She threw her arms around him from behind, making him hold her hand gently, "As usual. Besides, if he ever needs some motivation to do better, you could always send Dean his way." she said, making him laugh.

Suddenly his phone rang in front of him on the table, "You and I both know he's too busy hunting with his dad." he said as he leaned forward and took his phone from the table. Juliette stepped back and made her way upstairs.

He saw the caller.

Derek.

He crinkled his eyebrows from confusion before he answered the call and put it against his ear, "Derek? Never expected you to call."

"I found the Alpha. Meet me at the the Animal Clinic."

Derek then hung up. Nick's eyes widened before he grabbed his black coat, "I'm gonna out for a few! be right back!" he yelled out before he left the building.