Beeware of The Magic Bullet (Part 3)

Interrogation Room

"I didn't know anyone..." one witness said on the other side of the table where Nick was sitting.

"On that streetcar." another male witness continued.

"Every one of 'em was..." and another.

"A stranger." another female witness continued.

"Then why were you there?" Nick asked.

"I got the invite." another witness answered - Doug Shellow.

"Totally random..."

"Tweet, telling me-"

"Time and a-"

"Place, and what to do."

"Get on at-"

"Yamhill-"

"And dance the Y.M.C.A. We've been told." Hank interrupted, knowing all their stories.

"Yeah. And then, immediately-" Doug continued.

"Get off at Alder."

"I didn't see that girl."

"There were a lot of us on there."

"We were just dancing, having fun."

"How was I supposed-"

"To know someone-"

"Was getting killed?" Doug asked. Suddenly, Nick and Doug heard a ding coming from Doug's pocket. Doug took out his phone to look at the message he received as Nick sighed from all the answers he and Hank were getting since all of them were basically the same. "Can I go now?" he asked.

Nick looked back up at Doug, "Actually, no, Doug. I'd like to go over it again. If you don't mind." Nick requested.

"From the beginning?" Doug asked.

"Well, yeah, unless you know what happens in the end." Nick replied.

Doug sighed as he put his phone onto the table before continuing, "Well, like I said...I got the same invitation as everybody else did. I figured I'd go have some fun with some strangers.".

"It just sounds like there's an echo in here, 'cause I keep hearing the same thing, over and over again." Nick said as he rolled his hand over and over, gesturing to what he was hearing before sighing, "Okay, can I see the tweet? A tech-savvy guy like yourself, I'm sure you still have it on your phone, right?" Nick asked as he held his hand out onto the table.

Doug eyed his phone on the table before hesitantly replying, "Um... I got some personal stuff on there." he said.

Nick looked back and forth between Doug and his phone before hesitantly sighing, "...Alright. Well, let's talk about the victim. So Serena Dunbrook got on the streetcar around the same time as you, right? She's a pretty girl. She stood right behind you. You know, did you smell her perfume? Did it turn you on to be rubbed up against her?" he asked.

Doug scoffed as he leaned back, "No." he answered.

"Hey, come on, Doug. We have you on the videotape." Nick replied.

"I was on the other side." Doug said as he shook his head and nervously chuckled.

"Really? Because on your previous statement, you said you didn't see her at all, so which one is it?" Nick said as he leaned in closer over the table, but still sitting down on the chair. Doug was not looking at Nick's face, clearly in shock and threatened before finally looking at Nick, "... Alright, let me see the phone, Doug. Unless you're hiding something." Nick said.