Heart Monitor (Part 6)

"YOU DID WHAT??" Nick questioned Elijah. They were currently in the parking lot of the Police Station and Elijah had just told Nick what he had done in order to train Matt and he was not happy.

"You do not learn through being coddled, you learn by acting and this is acting." Elijah explained.

Nick began pacing back and forth, "So let me get this straight, you sent a Siegbarste, a Wesen that's known to be extremely strong and a formidable foe for all Grimms, after my nephew, a Grimm that has never actually fought a Wesen." Nick gathered.

"That would be correct, yes." Elijah replied as he watched Nick pace back and forth.

Quickly after Elijah's response, nick sent a fist flying through Elijah's fast. He was surprised. He didn't even have a moment to react to that. Elijah began to massage his jaw as blood poured from a bloody lip. Because it was an injury cause by a Grimm, it will take A LOT longer to heal that it normally would. Nick pointed at Elijah's face, "If he dies from this, I swear, your father won't be the only thing you should fear anymore." Nick threatened.

Elijah turned his neck and cracked it, "You are lucky you are a dear friend of mine. Many people have done much less and died because of it."

Nick scoffed with a smile, "I'm sorry, Elijah. You mistook me for someone who gave a damn." Nick said before he turned around and walked off back to the entrance of his workplace. Now Elijah knew that Nick's threats had to be taken to the heart. Even though only a white oak stake can kill an original, since he's a Grimm... he doesn't need one. Obviously no Grimm has ever achieved that since it has always been near impossible, but for Nick? There's a reason why Nick is the only Grimm to go willingly hunting for Klaus with no fear.

Beacon Hills High School,

Matt, Stiles, Scott and Adalind were all sitting in a classroom with Mr. Harris sitting in the front behind a desk. They were currently sitting through detention, all pretty much bored out of their minds. Scott and Stiles were sitting by their own desk, side by side, while Matt and Adalind sat in front of them together by their own desk. Each of them had papers in front of them to write on. Stiles was tapping his pencil against the desk as Scott was dabbing his nose with a tissue. Matt was twisting his pencil around his fingers as Adalind kept looking back and forth between the paper in front of her and Matt.

Scott threw down the bloody crumbled up tissue onto his desk and looked Harris, "Excuse me, sir?" he called, making Harris looked up at Scott. "Uh, I know it's detention and all, but, uh... I'm supposed to be at work, and I don't want to get fired." Harris simply smiled and looked back down at his work, making Scott sigh. He tried to get back to work, but his mind kept wandering. He looked at Stiles, "You knew I would heal." he said. And they continued to talk.

When Scott said this to Stiles, Adalind looked up and at Matt, "What did you mean by that?" she asked.

Matt refused to look up from his paper, "By what?" he asked.

"By me knowing a lot about this stuff?" she reminded.

Matt finally looked away from his paper and at her, "I was just pointing out for a Hexenbiest, you sure know a lot about werewolves." he explained begrudgingly.

Adalind scoffed with a smile before she shook her head, "I know here and there about werewolves, but werewolves aren't the only ones that struggle with transformations and keeping them in." she said before she looked down at her paper.

"And what do YOU mean by that?" he asked, leaning in.

She looked back at him and leaned in as well, "Keeping these forms... aren't exactly easy. Every time we, Wesen, get emotional, we woge and the whole world sees is. And because we're Wesen, our emotions are heightened. It's not very easy keeping our emotions in check, especially if you're a Hexenbiest." she explained. Matt's head slightly fell to the side to think, seeing that he did not know this about Wesen. Nick hadn't told him and Adalind could tell he didn't know this. Her head fell to the side as well, "You didn't know, did you?" she asked with an amused smirk. Matt looked up at her with a slight glare, making her let out a quick scoff laugh before she continued, "I would recommend reading up more. Next time..." She leaned in closer so they were now fully face to face, "Think about what we, Wesen, have to go through every single day of our lives and what we have to do to survive from people like you. Maybe then you'll understand why I do what I have to do." the 2 stared into each other's eyes, matt's glare going away and Adalind's slight anger also beginning to fade.

"All right, the 4 of you. Out of here." Mr. Harris suddenly said. 

All of them quickly began to pack away her stuff, Adalind being the most in a hurry. Once she finished, she threw her backpack over her shoulder, "For what it's worth. Hope you make it out alive through all this." she said, before she rushed out. Matt, Stiles and Scott all left with Matt being caught up as to why Stiles wasn't exactly the most happy with Scott, told by Scott. But Matt already knew, surprising Scott. 

They exited the school with all of them walking in a line and matt being on the far left of them, "So any updates with Adalind?" Scott asked.

Matt shook his head, "Just made me really think about this life." he said, referring to being a Grimm.

"What'd she say?" Stiles asked intriguingly.

"Well-" Suddenly, as they went past a corner, Matt was sent flying back by a punch in in the face. Stiles and Scott both looked back a Matt on the floor before turning back to in front of them. It was a large muscular bald man with a leather jacket.

"Oh, no." Stiles said before the man tried sending a punch to Stiles' face. Scott quickly noticed and tackled Stiles out of the way.

Stiles looked over Scott at the large man, "Who brought Hulk to the party??" he questioned.

The man simply growled before his face morphed into that of a... Siegebarste...

Everyone could see the creature this time. All their eyes widened, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??" Scott questioned.

Matt stood back up, "He's the thing that's trying to kill me..." he said. The Siegebarste turned back to Matt before charging at him. Matt's eyes widened and the Siegebarste charged right into him, sending him flying back.

"No!" Scott yelled, now getting angry.

Stiles looked at Scott concerningly before he looked down at his nails, now seeing his nails sharp and extended, "The one time I'm glad you're angry around me." he said before Scott charged at the enemy.

Scott jumped at him as he turned around. Scott raised his hand and swiped it across his face making the Siegebarste clench onto his face. But he wasn't the only one that was hurt. When Scott landed, he looked down at his nails, seeing them now partially chipped. 

Matt noticed it. A Siegebarste's skin was super durable. He also saw the Siegebarste's face. While it had a large scratch across it, the chips of Scott's we stuck in his skin.

The man growled and breathed in heavily from anger. He turned to Scott, who looked a lot more... calm? That wasn't good. The man spun back towards Scott, who's began to back away worryingly. He grabbed him by the throat and held him up against the wall.

Scott began to struggle to breath as he tried to push the Wesen away. Matt and Stiles both rushed to his aid, punching and kicking him for him to loosen his grip. But eventually, the Wesen got annoyed and swiped them both away. The Wesen then leaned in close as he began to choke Scott with both hands, "You... hurt... me..." he said in a rough tone.

Scott slowly began to lose his breath and was beginning to lose consciousness. Suddenly, the Wesen began to scream in pain. He let Scott go and clenched onto his head from the pain in his head as he fell to one knee. Scott fell to the ground and took in a deep breath. Matt heard footsteps and turned around, seeing... Adalind?

She had her hand extended towards the Wesen as she walked towards them, "What are you doing here??" he questioned.

"Just appreciate my help and get out of here! Elijah's already not gonna be happy about this." She told them.

Stiles and Matt rushed to Scott and helped him up. The 2, carrying Scott from his separate arms, made their way towards Adalind.

Stiles quickly stopped, "Wait, wait, wait, wait. What about our bags?" he asked them.

"You're worrying about our bags right now when we have someone trying to kill us??" Scott questioned, looking up at Stiles.

"JUST MOVE!" Adalind yelled before she directed her hand at each of their backpacks. She pulled each of them towards her and held them in her arm. 

Matt looked at her with shock, "Didn't know you guys could do telekinesis."

"Oh, you guys are idiots." She said before she stopped threw the Siegebarste into the wall, sending a crack right through it. The 4 then rushed off, "Elijah's gonna kill me for this."