Episode 3: The Pack Mentality (Part 6)

On the road,

As Stiles sped away from the school, Matt looked over to Scott, whose right arm was out the window and his hand gripping the top of the Jeep to keep himself in his seat due to not having time to buckle his seatbelt, "Well... Did it work? You remember anything?" Matt asked.

Scott looked backwards through the rear windshield before he replied, "Yeah, I was there last night. And the blood? A lot of it was mine."

Stiles' and Matt's eyes widened in alarm, "So, you did attack him?" Stiles asked.

Scott shook his head, "No. I-I-I saw glowing eyes in the bus, but they weren't mine-" he explained. Scott's eyes narrowed before he frowned as he tried to put the pieces together of what he just saw, "...It was Derek." Scott continued.

Matt cocked his eyebrow at him, "Say what now? That makes no sense." Matt explained before Stiles continued. "What about the driver?" Stiles asked.

"...I think I was actually trying to protect him." Scott explained.

Matt thought about this for a split second before finding a hole in Scott's logic he realized a few seconds ago and frowned, "Wait- why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?" Matt asked.

Scott shook his head, not knowing the answer either, "That's what I don't get... Could Nick have known? I mean... he did say we should stay out of this." Scott asked.

Matt spun himself to face forward and shook his head with his eyes closed before opening them again, "No. No, no. As much secrets Nick is willing to keep, if its something like this, he would've arrested Derek first shot he gets... I think... I hope." Matt answered.

"You don't sound to sure." Stiles joked.

Matt clenched his fingers in frustration, "I don't know!... I don't even know if I KNOW my brother anymore..." Matt said.

Scott frowned in confusion, his voice getting calmer now that he knew he was not actually the killer, "It's gotta be a pack thing." Stiles suggested.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"Like an initiation. You do the kill together. You read anything about that in the books, Matt?" Stiles asked.

Matt sat up back straight with a straight face and shook his head, "Not from what I've read." Matt answered.

"I'm guessing ripping someone's throat out is a real bonding experience?" Scott sarcastically said.

Stiles' tone of voice lightened reassuringly, "Yeah, but you didn't do it! Which means you're not a killer! And it also means that-" but Stiles was quickly interrupted by Scott.

"I can go out with Allison!" he exclaimed as he jumped up with a smile.

Both Matt and Stiles shot him an offended look, "I was gonna say it means you won't kill us..." Stiles continued before looking back in front of him.

Scott, realizing he hadn't even thought of that part yet, looked at Stiles sheepishly, "Oh, yeah. That, too." Scott added before Matt rolled his eyes and faced back in front of him.

Something then popped into Stiles' mind, "Hey, Matt, why didn't you go out with Adalind earlier by the way?" he asked Matt, who's head was leaning against the car window.

Matt scoffed with a slight smile on his face before sitting up back straight and shaking his head, "No it's --uhhh--... Its complicated..." Matt answered, not wanting to tell them about the revelation of who Adalind was yet.

Stiles had other plans though. He looked back and forth between in front of him and Matt until he got it. He could tell Matt was hiding something... not something normal. His eyes widened in realization, "Adalind's a wesen, isn't she!?" Stiles questioned, making Scott lean in to join the conversation.