Forever and Always (Last Chapter)

It's been a couple of weeks since the dance and by now I am hopelessly in love with Adrian, I was before, just more hopeless. Does that even make sense?

I had become really good friends with Lily, and the triplet's had taken a liking to Adrian. They loved it when Adrian would stay over for dinner and would always bug us when we were trying to watch a movie. It was Saturday morning and I was borrowing Bethany's car for the day, it was fairly earl and I hoped Adrian had managed to get up.

Ariel had told the family about Kylene about a week ago and mum welcomed her with open arms. Everyone loved Kylene and took her in as one of our own. She knew about the family and after a while got used to it.

I got a spare change of clothes just in case we wouldn't be able to have enough time to drive home and had to stay at a motel. It was a long six hour drive. I grabbed an apple and made my way to the car.

I got out of the car and knocked, Melissa opened the door and smiled. She let me in, "Adrian's still asleep. Do you have something planned?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're going to visit a friend of mine," I told her.

She nodded and let me walk up to Adrian's room. I opened the door to see Adrian splayed out on the bed, only wearing boxer shorts and his legs tangled in the sheets. I admired his very chest afor a moment before leaning down and giving him a short kiss.

I laughed when he mumbled something incoherent, "Adrian, baby," I whispered.

"What?" He mumbled.

I kissed him again, and he started to kiss back. I pulled back to see him looking at me sleepily, "I could get used to this," He told me, his voice raw from sleep.

"Your so lazy," I laughed.

Suddenly Adrian grabbed my waist and made me tumble into the bed beside him. He started to nibble on my neck and I moaned, "As much as I would love to continue we're already running late," I told him, "Late for what?" HE murmured against my neck.

"We're going to visit my friend remember?" I asked.

He cursed and placed a soft kiss on my lips before getting out bed to get changed. I watched him smugly, "You little creeper," He teased, "It's not like I haven't seen it before," I winked.

He leaned forward and gave me a lingering kiss before helping me off the bed, "Pack an overnight bag just in case, we might have to stay at a motel," I told him.

He quickly grabbed a change of clothes and stuffed them in the bag before walking outside and getting into the car. I started the car and started driving, I held Adrian's hand with one hand and controlled the wheel with the other.

Throughout the whole trip we either listened to the radio, talk and joked about or just stayed in a comfortable silence. When we reached the town I pulled into florist and told Adrian to stay there. I walked into the florist and the owner smiled at me, "Delaney, it's been a while," She greeted.

"The usual, and yeah I know," I smiled at her.

She handed a bunch of red tulips and I thanked her. I walked back to the car and Adrian looked even more confused than before, "You'll see," I answered his unspoken question.

When we pulled up at the cemetery Adrian then spoke, "I thought we were visiting your friend?" He asked, I looked at him and it was then he realised, "Oh, I'm so sorry," He murmured.

I smiled and got out of the car, Adrian followed and we stopped at the gravestone I have sat at for hours on end, crying out apologies. I put the tulips down and Adrian stood beside me, holding my hand.

"He was my first boyfriend. All my life I had been classed aa a freak because I always wore gloves and didn't like to touch people. Then came Andrew, he was weet and was determined to be my friend, obviously he succeeded and we became very close.

"He found out about my family but he didn't care, he said 'It doesn't matter what you are, you are still the lovely girl I know,'" I recited the line he had told me long ago, "One day he asked me out on a date and of course I said yes, already falling for the sweet boy and then we started dating. He knew about my gift and was always so considerate of me. We had been dating for half a year and we were in my room..." I drifted off, tears falling.

Adrian pulled me towards him and hugged my waist from behind, propping his chin up on my shoulder, "And dad had been testing me at the time, to see if the poison was all over my body or just on my hands. I lied to him saying my dad was pretty sure it was only on my hands and we kissed. I pulled back and he was dead," I cried.

Adrian turned me around and cradled me to his chest. I had gotten over Andrew's death but that didn't mean it still wasn't painful when I relived the memory, he was my first love and it was traumatic killing him, "Is that why you went to Africa, to find peace?" Adrian asked.

"Something like that," I mumbled.

Adrian pulled back, "Andrew was a lucky guy to have known you. Your smart, beautiful and you care about your family so much it makes my family look like a war zone," He joked and I laughed, "I know that Andrew would've been proud of the amount of things you have achieved becauseI definetly am. I would've loved to have met Andrew before he passed because he sounds like a fantastic and honourable man," Adrian told me.

Tears shone in my eyes as I kissed him fiercely, "I love you Adrian, forever and always," I told him.

"Your my soulmate, it's kind of in the description to love you for forever," He teased.

I smiled and for once, my life was absolutely perfect. No doubts, no conflicts.

Just freedom and happiness.