15. Rather be Dead

Start from the beginning

"Then I'm glad I'm not dead." Bran told her, Amelia hugged him closing her eyes so she wouldn't have to see the look of distaste on Robb's face.

+

'Fewer eyes back here, my Lady. But still too many.' Rodrick Cassel reminded

''It's nine years since I've set foot in the capital. And no one knew who I was the last time I came either.' Catelyn reminded him

'My Lady.' Rodrick agreed

''Welcome to King's Landing, Lady Stark. Would you mind following us?' a guard said and Catelyn hesitated

''I would. We've done nothing wrong.' Catelyn assured

''We've been instructed to escort you into the city.'' The guard told her

''Instructed? I don't know who's providing your instructions, but...' Catelyn said defensively

'Follow me, Lady Stark.' She took hesitant steps her fists clenched as she walked through the city only to see Petyr Bealish.

'Cat! Go on. Go upstairs.' Petyr told her

'You little worm! You take me for some back-alley Sally you can drag into a...' Catelyn hissed

''I meant no disrespect to you of all people.' Petyr assured, he ran a few brothels and having Catelyn here was better than anywhere else in his mind.

'How dare you bring me here! Have you lost your mind?' Catelyn spat

'No one will come looking for you here. Isn't that what like you wanted?' Petyr countered 'I'm truly sorry... about the locale.'

''How did you know I was coming to King's Landing?' Catelyn questioned hesitantly.

'A dear friend told me.' Petyr told her kindly.

''Lady Stark.'' Varys said stepping forward

''Lord Varys.' She retorted

"To see you again after so many years is a blessing. Your poor hands.'' Varys remarked

''How did you know I was coming?' Catelyn asked defensively.

'Knowledge is my trade, my Lady. Did you bring the dagger with you, by any chance?' Varys questioned and Catelyn stared at him a moment longer. 'My little birds are everywhere. Even in the north. They whisper to me the strangest stories.'' Varys told her as she held it out. 'Valyrian steel.' He remarked.

'Do you know whose dagger this is?'

''I must admit I do not.'' Varys answered

''Well, well, this is an historic day. Something you don't know that I do. There's only one dagger like this in all of the Seven Kingdoms. It's mine.'' Petyr remarked

' Yours?' Catelyn spat

''At least it was, until the tournament on Prince Joffrey's last name day. I bet on Ser Jaime in the jousting, as any sane man would. When the Knight of the Flowers unseated him, I lost this dagger.'' Petyr informed her.

'To whom?" Catelyn demanded

''Tyrion Lannister. The Imp.''

*****

'You broke my nose bastard!' Jon turned around to them, the three men he had easily taken down.

'It's an improvement,' Jon said smugly and he was grabbed immediately from behind a knife shoved to his throat.

'we can throw you over the wall and not even the wolves will find you.' They warned.

'What you're looking at half man?' they question Tyrion as he came in, watching them.

'I'm looking at you' Tyrion said 'Yes you've got an interesting face. Very distinctive faces all of you.'

'What do you care about our faces?'

'It's just I think they would look marvelous decorating spikes in Kings Landing perhaps I will tell my sister the queen about it.' Tyrion told them.

'We will talk later' he muttered removing a sword from Jon's neck as they all moved sending glares Jon's way from across the room.

'Everyone knew what this place was, nobody told me,' Jon told Tyrion, as they approached, 'no one but you ... My father knew and he left me to rot all the same.' Jon said ashamed.

'His father left him outside the wall when he was three and Pip was caught stealing a wheel of cheese his little sister that hadn't eaten in three days...' Tyrion said pointing at his accusers. 'He was given a choice of the right hand or the wall... I've been asking the commander it's interesting stories.' Tyrion told him.

'Everybody hates me because I am better than they are!' Jon told them, shooting the Crows a glare.

'It's a lucky thing none of them are trained by a master of arms like you were. I don't imagine any of them have held a real sword before they came here.' Tyrion glanced at the two who had held Jon hostage moments before. 'Oh your brother Bran has woken up.' Tyrion said delivering him the note.

'He's okay?' Jon questioned taking the note.

'He's alive.' Tyrion told him hopefully.