Chapter 142

Vi pov...

Chris has just left with Robert for his boys' day. Little does he know his family is landing in LA in a few hours. I still can't believe i managed to keep it all to myself... Or that the family didn't spoil anything. His official birthday will be in a few days but today we will celebrate. The doorbell goes and i open up smiling and handing Leon the car keys to my big SUV. 

Leon and Nick will pick up the family and needed an extra car, so i told them to use mine. A few minutes later the gate buzzer goes off and after checking, i open the gate. Even though i would cook myself, i had rented tables and chairs for the guests. I also had rented heated serving trays and had paid extra for them to set it up. I pointed them to the backyard and told them how i would like it to have set up.  It was still early, and Storm had still been sleeping but i could hear him babbling so i went to get him out of bed and ready for the day. 

After i had done that, i put him in the play area and started the preparations for the food. I had everything i needed for a big barbecue knowing Chris loves to barbecue. So, all i really had to do was prepare the side dishes. The meat would be delivered at the end of the afternoon before Chris would be back home. 

I was preparing a pasta salad when the front door opened and i smiled hearing the chaos of the Evans family coming closer. I washed my hands and walked over hugging them all. They all twirled me around telling me i looked great and had that pregnancy glow. It made my blush. They then all went over to Storm, who was squealing seeing his family and i was glad he wasn't going all shy not having seen them for a while.

After i showed them to their rooms and let them settle in, i went back to the kitchen. Carly was the first to appear in the kitchen and told me to tell her what to do. Lisa appeared next and asked the same. I asked her if instead of helping to cook, she could keep Storm entertained. I know she had missed him, so she had no objection to it. Carly's husband and kids appeared and i smiled as they all were wearing bathing suits and told us they would stay out of the way and would go swimming. 

I told them they needed a key since Chris had fencing installed around the pool with a locked gate. I handed them the key asking them to please lock the gate after they would leave the pool. Scott and Shanna where the last to appear and i put them to work. 

After almost a whole day in the kitchen everything was done... We all went our separate ways to get changed. Storm was taking a nap so he would be able to stay up a little later. I put on a new sundress i had bought the other day. I then walked to Storms room waking him up and getting him ready. 

Guests started to arrive and i greeted everyone showing them to the back. I got a text from Robert that they were on their way home and that Chris still had no idea. I smiled knowing he would absolutely flip seeing everyone here. "He still has no idea..." I say smiling to Scarlet and she grinned. 

Robert texts that they are coming through the gate, so i ask everyone to be quiet and walk inside. I wait by the front door and Robert and Chris walk in laughing. Chris sees me and stops in his tracks. 

"Hey baby..." He says kissing me wrapping his arms around me and Robert sneaks of to the yard, Chris not noticing as he twirls me around telling me i look beautiful. I grin and greet him back kissing him passionately before telling him to close his eyes that i have a surprise. Knowing Chris would peak i blindfold him and he has the biggest smirk on his face as i lead him to the backyard. 

"Are you ready?" I ask him he stands before everyone still blindfolded. He nods and i can sense he is excited but a little tense. I pull off the blindfold and everybody yells "SUPRISE!" 

Chris looks around shocked. "Happy birthday baby..." I whisper and kiss his cheek. Lisa walks up to him with Storm on her arms and he looks at her with tears in her eyes. After he has cuddled Storm i take him from his arms. He hugs Lisa holding him tightly, telling her he has missed her and i have to fight back my tears. He greets the rest of the family before making the rounds with his friends and i just look on smiling happy that he is so happy and in his element.

After a while, he makes his way back to me and takes Storm from my arms. He hands him over to Seb, who i was talking to and he takes my hand excusing us that he needs a moment alone with me. He pulls me in the house and pulls me into his arms planting kisses all over my face. "Are you happy?"  I ask and he beams. "I am so happy... Thank you love." I lead him to the bedroom and walk into the closet. "I know it is not your birthday yet, but i can't wait any longer...." I hand him his gifts. He unwraps them in record time and he just looks at me with tears in his eyes. "I thought for both of your offices...." I whisper. He puts them down and kisses me again passionately. "When the baby is born i am going to take another one with us all so you can have another one...." I whisper. "I love it, love... It is beautiful." 

We go back to the party, and we go around and mingle. After a while i can see Storm is almost asleep in Scarlets arms. He has been going from guest to guest, absolutely loving the attention and it had totally tired him out. I take him from her and put him to bed and as soon as his head hits the pillow he is out like a light. 

I walk back to the party and the rest of the time is spend laughing and talking with people. When the guests have left and it is just the family, we sit around a table just catching up.  I am sitting in Chris his lap absolutely happy with the outcome from today. I am so tired, but it was so worth it seeing Chris smiling and happy. He was so happy knowing his family would be staying for a week and a little sad that he still had to work.  After an hour or so we all went to bed totally exhausted. 

Chris and i laid in bed, talking a bit about the party. I was so happy to hear that he had an amazing day with Robert and was totally surprised with the party. He had no clue and just loved it. He told me he had a great time catching up with everyone and that made me smile. 

I could feel my eyes getting heavy and soon i was asleep with a big smile on my face.