Chapter 55

Chris pov...

I rush over to Vi and lift her up, sitting down with her in one of the lounge chairs. "Shhh love..." I whisper rocking her back and forth doing my best to fight my own tears as seeing her so scared hurts. "Sweetheart..." Ma says with worry in her eyes walking over to us and sitting on the coffee table in front of us. "Nobody is blaming you... We love you and we would never judge or blame you." Ma says in a warm, caring tone of voice Vi looks at her with tears in her eyes. 

"But your family is in danger because of me..." She sobs. My heart breaks seeing her like this i want to take the pain away, but i dont know how. I can feel tears prick in my eyes but i fight them. I have to be strong for Vi... I can't break down. She needs me to be strong. Scott's phone rings and Vi almost jumps out of her skin again, looking around her all startled. 

"Sorry..." Scott mumbles and looks at the phone silencing it... "It is Steve, i have to take this." He says looking all guilty. I nod and he walks out. Vi's head is laying on my shoulder as ma rubs her back which seems to have calmed her down a little bit. My sisters look at us worried. "Is there something we can do Chris...?" Carly whispered. "I dont know..." I say with tears in my eyes. I keep fighting them, but i can't help it anymore as they keep coming through. Vi is passed out as she is drained due to all the fear and emotions. "I am gonna put her to bed again..." I mumble. I stand up lifting her with me bridal style. "I'll be right back..." I say and walk off. I put her in bed and kiss the top of her head. "I will keep you safe, my love..." I whisper before walking back to the living room. 

My sisters hug me and i lose it. "I can't lose her..." I sob... "I am so scared, i am gonna lose her." I say crying and being scared. I pull back wiping away my tears. "It's gonna be okay, Chris... We will do whatever it takes... We will accept the protection and do everything to ease your mind." Shanna says. "Thank you..." I say as i hug them again. "Steve is flying out..." Scott says walking back into the room. "So, he can be here and be safe." He ads and i nod at Scott. "Thank you, that is a big help." I say calming down a bit... He gives me a little smile. "We will get through this Chris..." Ma says giving me a little smile. I nod and ma hugs me... 

When we are hugged out, i tell them about all the measures we are taking. That is until we hear screaming coming from the bedroom. I run out and see Vi trashing in the bed still asleep. I shake her awake. She is all sweaty and disoriented and it takes a while for her to calm down and realize where she is... That she is safe in our home in our bed... She holds onto me for dear life. She looks like a deer in the headlights as she just is so scared. 

"He... He... He was here..." She says breathing heavy. She pulls back and puts her hands all over me to make sure i am here as if she doesn't trust her eyes and all i can do is look at her worried and let her do it to calm herself down... "He was killing you and made me watch..." She says bursting out in tears absolutely terrified. "It was just a nightmare, love..." I whisper rubbing her back. "It looked so real..." She said hugging me again still crying. "I can't lose you Chris..." She says clinging onto me. "You won't love... You won't." I reassure her... 

God, they need to find this guy because i dont know how long Vi can live like this. There is a knock on the door and Scott walks in. The knock scared Vi and i hold her a little tighter... "Megan is on the phone for you..." He says looking worried. I look at Vi not wanting to let her go, i dont want her to be alone. "I'll stay with her..." He says and i nod. "Scott will be here until i come back, okay. Go back to sleep love." Vi gives in and i sigh... Under 24 hours this man has managed to turn our life upside down and he hasn't even shown his face yet.... 

I walk out of the room and as i look back i smile. Scott crawls into bed with her and holds her tight. I take the phone and answer. "Chris..." I say and i hear Megan take a deep breath... "Hey, we have some news..." She says and i close my eyes... "Please tell me they found him." I whisper Megan sighs ... "I am sorry Chris... No... Unfortunately, not..." She says and explains why we weren't notified and i can feel my blood boil... 

"The director from the prison didn't want the bad press and kept it quiet... God knows why... The good news is that the police in Boston is now in the loop, and they will send someone by to talk to you and Vi. To see if they can find out who the guy is she kept seeing.  What his plan is and why he is doing this and maybe they can find her ex-husband trough him." Megan explains and i sigh... 

"Well, that is at least something... I dont know how much help Vi is going to be though... She has totally shut down." I mumble... "At least try... Who knows maybe it helps..." Megan said and i sighed again... "I will..." I said. "Oh, before i forget... The police will get you some personal alarms that are directly contacted to the police... They will also increase patrol around the area of your house." Megan explained and i took a deep breath wondering if he really would come here... If that son of a bitch would really come for Vi... She seems to think so... She is scared to death... And as she knows him best i have no choice than to believe her... "Thanks..." I say and Megan hums... "Of course, Chris... No problem..." She mumbles back...

"I mean it.... Thank you, Megan... But one more thing... I want you to also get security... Just to be safe." I say and i can hear her groan... "Chris..." She tried to protest. "No Megan..." I said cutting her off. "If we have to believe Vi, this guy will stop at nothing... So, you get yourself security... No discussion..." I said in a tough tone not giving her any room for discussion... "Yes Chris..." She said but i was not convinced she would... Megan could be so stubborn... "I mean it Megan..." I warned her... "I know Chris, i will... I promise." She reassured me... "Good..." Was all i said. 

"Say hi to the family for me. I will call you when i have news... Oh and Chris... You better prepare yourself... The police is taking the file of the case with them... From what i have seen... It's no light reading... They will leave it with you, for the personal security guys... So that they know what they are dealing with. They will be there tomorrow morning at 9." She says and i take a deep breath... "Okay..." I say and take another deep breath before saying goodbye and hanging up. 

I look out the window... Somewhere out there is the man that want to hurt my wife. For now, there is nothing i can do about it and it is killing me... Vi being the way she is now is breaking my heart.... I dont know how i can fix this other them the measures i have taken now. I just hope and pray it is enough. That they will catch him before he comes near Vi...