Chapter 2

Scott pov

2 weeks later i was sitting in Chris his house in LA. Mom and i were staying here as long as we are in town. Chris was somewhere in Europe, and he told us we always could use the house whenever we wanted. My phone rang and i picked it up seeing it was Chris. "Hey bro... What's up?" I asked as his face appeared on my screen. 

"Not much..." Chris said looking tired taking a deep breath as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. It worried me... "Just got home. So, i was wondering when i could come pick up Dodger."  He said and i froze for a second. "What...?!" I said panicking. "Y..you're home?" I asked even though he had told me. 

"Yeah, filming ended earlier than expected, so i thought i surprise you guys by coming home early... Wait are you in LA?" He asked me as he saw the background. "Uh yeah, ma and i had an invite for that project i was talking about. We are here for one more week. Okay well can i see Dodger on the screen then?" I heard him sigh and looking sad... 

"Yeah... About that Chris... I tried to reach you, but you were out of service and i needed a quick solution..." I say holding my breath hoping he will not be mad but instead happy that he can pick up Dodger. "What are you talking about?!" Chris asked and i could see he was getting irritated. "Well ma and i have a busy schedule while we are here. I didn't want to do that to Dodger, so i called my friend Vi... You know the woman i told you about with the puppy... She is looking after him." I say take a deep breath. 

I could see Chris was fuming. "You left him with someone i dont know?" He growled anger radiating of his face. "Oh, come on Chris i know her... She is great with dogs, Dodger felt right at home with Lulu and Vi... What did you want me to do? Bring him to a kennel?" I say getting annoyed with him.  "You could have left him with Carly or Shanna!"  Chris was now yelling trough the phone. 

"No i couldn't!" I yelled back. "Carly was sick and Ryan out of town. She had enough on her plate, Shanna is traveling for work to... Ma is here with me. I even tried Tara... but with her just having the new baby she was not up for it." I say annoyed at the fact that he is angry... Like our lives stop as soon as he leaves town... He knows how much this project means to me but had expected me to give it up to take care of his dog... "Give me the address..." He snarled... "I'll pick him up myself." 

 "Chris...." I sigh as he is bright red and looking like there could be coming steam out of his ears at any moment... "ADDRESS!" He yelled and i sighed. "Ill text you the address but please be nice. Vi had no fault here, she was just doing me a favor." I say but before i could say more he had hung up.

I texted him Vi's address. I then called Vi to tell her that Chris would come by to pick Dodger up, praying he would be nice to her. She didn't answer, i tried again... still no answer. FUCK i yelled. I tried her a few more times but no answer. I knew that sometimes she turned her phone on silent to relax and unplug. I texted her hoping she would read it in time. I knew that Chris was on his way to her, and his house was not far from hers so he would be there probably already.

Chris pov. 

I was fuming and grabbing my car keys. The text came through with the persons address that had Dodger. I couldn't believe Scott that he would dump Dodger at a stranger's house. I arrived at the house and walked to the front door. I rang the doorbell and i heard Dodger barking together with another dog. 

"Dodger, Lulu stop..." I heard a woman say and it took a few minutes before the door opened. "I am here to pick up Dodger..." I said not wanting to chit chat. The woman looked at me and smiled, it was a warm smile... A beautiful smile.... I had to admit she was pretty but i was too angry.