Chapter 38

Chris pov...

I am making Vi pesto eggs while she is taking a shower. She assured me she was really okay. That Katelyn just got under her skin and caught her of guard. She was not prepared as she just came strutting into the house. After Katelyn had finally left i had immediately changed the code to the gate. 

My phone dinged and it was a message from Megan telling me everything was done and that i didn't have to do the press tour with her. That was a relief... The only thing i couldn't get out of was the premier. I needed to take pictures with her on the red carpet. I sighed not looking forward to that. I had to tell Vi that i had to that, as it would be more of a shit storm if i would refuse. Vi came walking into the kitchen wrapping her arms around me. "Everything okay?" She asks. "Yeah, Megan just texted she got me out of the press tour with Katelyn... But i still have to take pictures with her on the red carpet at the premier." I say holding my breath waiting for Vi's reaction.

"I understand..." She says holding on to me a little bit tighter. "I know it is not ideal love... But the studio's dont care about personal issues when it comes to this sort of thing." I sigh and she nods... "We will deal with it when the time comes..." She said giving me a sweet smile. "Do you wanna come with me to the premier?" I asked her, smiling. "I know you bought a dress..." I say smirking... "If you want me to..." She whispers... "You dont have to bring me if you are not ready... i trust you... You dont have to ask me, because you think i dont trust you to handle her on you own." She says and this makes me smile. "I know love, but it would make me really happy if you came along... " I say, and she blushes. "Then i will come with you..." She whispered smiling up at me. "But just so you know, if you change your mind i understand." She says and i shake my head... "Never..." I said smiling kissing her again. She deepened the kiss, and after we broke apart i smiled at her. "God i love you so much..." I said. "I love you to..." She whispers back making me smile from ear to ear. I never get enough of hearing her say that. 

"Now let's eat..." I said smiling. I sat her down at the table placing a plate with pesto eggs in front of her and she looked at me and smiled. She took a bite and groans... "God i love your pesto eggs..." She said smirking at me with a mouth full of food making me chuckle. God i am gonna marry this woman someday i thought to myself. We ate and after we finished, we installed ourselves on the couch dogs lying next to us, as they want to be close and join cuddle time. 

We are watching some old black and white movies.  I smiled as Vi loved them, cliche's and all. She is cuddled into me, and she lets out a sigh and i smile as she looks at the movie with a twinkle in her eyes as the wedding scene comes on. God i love this woman... and then realization sets in... I love this woman... With everything i got, i love her. I love her more than i ever loved anyone...  What i am feeling for her does not compare to what i have ever felt for any other woman... The feelings i have for her is so much more intense... The urge to protect her... To always have her close and the love... The love when i look at her... It is so much more... I wanna walk with her on the red carpet and introduce her as my wife and not as my girlfriend. I want a family with her, i want it all... With her. She is the love of my life i know for sure.

"Let's go to Vegas and get married..."  I blurt out as i look at her. "What?!" She asks looking at me shocked sitting up. "Let's go to Vegas and get married..." I say again sitting up and cupping her face as she still looks at me shocked. "Chris..." She says letting out a sigh. "No listen to me..." I say releasing her face and grabbing her hand. 

"I know it sounds crazy and maybe it is... We have not been together long, and you think i am doing this because of what happened... And yes, that is partly true... But not in the way you think it is...I came to the realization that i can't imagine my life without you. That i want you in my life forever... I meant everything i said... I want to marry you... I want to have babies with you... A life... A future... And i know you think i am rushing into this... That it is a desperate move... But God Vi... I love you more than i ever loved anyone. And you would make me so happy if you agreed to be mine... You're the best thing that ever happened to me and i dont want to waste any more time..." I say taking a deep breath as she looks at me with tears in her eyes... "Just answer me this... Do you love me...?" I say and she nods... "Yes..." Is all she says with tears in her eyes.

"Vi?" I say as i sink down on my knees in front of the couch. "I know i dont have a ring... I will get you one... I promise... The biggest most beautiful ring i can find... But will you do me the incredible honor and make me the luckiest man in the world and marry me." I say holding my breath... She cups my face and places a little kiss on my lips. "I dont care about a ring Chris..." She whispers... "I would marry you either way..." She whispers. "Is that a, yes?" I ask my voice wavering as i can't believe my ears... "Yes..." She says smiling with tears in her eyes. I smile and pull her in the most passionate kiss ever.  The dogs sensing something is up jump up and plaster us with kisses making Vi giggle and i can't stop laughing.  The dogs jump off the couch and start chasing each other as they are all hyped up and i kiss Vi again. "I love you soon to be Mrs. Evans..." I whisper. "I love you to Mr. Evans" She whispers with a beautiful smile on her face.... "God i love how that sounds..." I whisper before pulling her in for another kiss.