51-60

51

Chapter 51

Emperor Cangyun's gaze swept across the crowd, and finally stayed on Gongyi Tianheng for a while before turning his eyes away.

Then, he showed a smile, as if he became approachable in an instant: "Everyone, please take a seat."

There are many seats in the palace, and there are eight in the front, which is undoubtedly the position of the top eight.

The people from the five major families and the other three strong families were all seated on both sides, and they looked like the audience—even the obvious followers like Gu Zuo and Long Yi could sit down at the back. It can be called an honor.

In addition to the five young masters, the other three strong warriors have already arrived, and they also have their own families to support them, and these families belong to the first-class forces. What is strange is that no second person from the five major families has entered the quarterfinals, and I don't know if it is due to luck or some other reason.

Gu Zuo thought secretly: Maybe it was deliberately arranging opponents to let the players of other noble families be eliminated naturally? Conspiracy theory, maybe the royal family decided to open the Canglong Pond before the family war, but the number of places is limited, I don't want such a super family to occupy too many places, affect the balance or something...

In fact, Gu Zuo's idea is really not. wrong.

In addition to the five aristocratic families occupying one place each, there are still three remaining, which should be distributed to which aristocratic family? Once an aristocratic family has more places, it may cause some turmoil. For the emperor, the relationship between these powerful families, like princes, is of course the worse the better.

Moreover, Gongyi Tianheng was able to practice martial arts, and he was most satisfied with Emperor Cangyun.

Because of these five aristocratic families, the Gongyi family, as the first family in the past, has always been relatively isolated. Shangguan and Duanmu, Sima and Helian, they can be said to have a good relationship, especially in recent decades. The trend is becoming more and more obvious, and sooner or later a triangular relationship of one, two, and two will form, and the Gongyi family is definitely the weakest party. Then only the Gongyi family strengthens their power, so that the triangular relationship can still be mutually restrained and stabilized. In addition, any of the other two "two-two combination" will become stronger, and it will not be a scenario that the empire is happy to see.

Now that Gongyi Tianheng of Gongyi's family has become stronger, he is likely to bring supreme glory to Gongyi's family within a hundred years, and at that time, it will also be very beneficial to the empire.

Therefore, Cangyun Emperor not only would not be jealous of Gongyi Tianheng's excellence, but hoped that he would be even better—and not only because of that stability, but also because of a major event that would happen in the future. There is an urgent need for such an exceptional young talent.

Closer to home, Emperor Cangyun saw that everyone was seated, and he said bluntly: "This time the Canglong Pond is open, and there will always be twelve places. You are all outstanding heroes. If you can withstand several tests, you can do it. Get a place and enjoy the baptism of the innate dragon energy." At this point, he changed his words, "But if you can't stand the test...then the remaining places will be re-selection."

The warriors present expressed their understanding . .

After so many years, the existence of Canglong Pond has long been no secret. Everyone understands that if the royal family wants to open it, it will have to pay a very high price and invest a lot of resources in sacrifice. Originally, the royal family had already shouldered this part of the loss, and they were willing to share the quota, so it was natural to test something.