No drama

The music was blaring as MillieFlorence held Alvin's hands dancing around

The music was blaring as MillieFlorence held Alvin's hands dancing around. He was now running and standing he just had horrible balance. He would be one in a few days. There wasn't anything grand planned other than the firehouse, potentially a ride in a fire truck and basically every other first responder in the city we know having food in my backyard.

The house was in chaos it was more of a tidy mess. The plants, the toys, the books. When they weren't dancing they were building an obstacle course, MillieFlorence helps him balance on the books or toys. It always brought a smile to my face seeing them play and make a world of their own, my favourite sight of all. Dinner was cooking as I tidy the kitchen always looking over at the two. Getting bowls and forks out putting them on the counter ready to serve.

I hear keys jingle but ignore it thinking Alvin was just jingling my keys like he always does. His a magnet for keys that kid. "Daddy" MillieFlorence squealed making me turn around looking at him confused. I know I said his welcome, his always welcome I will never say no to him. I just didn't expect him to actually show up. The keys I heard was him. Yes he has keys to my house it was my way of saying I won't keep MillieFlorence from him way back. I watch Jay catch Alvin as he stumbled tripped into him. Holding MillieFlorence on one side and Alvin on with other, a bag hanging over his shoulder he looks over a me. "I know I said come by but I didn't actually expect it" "I know can I stay" "daddy mummy has our babies in her tummy so he have to help her lots" MillieFlorence told him before I could even open my mouth "you know you can I don't mind" "I won't be in your way" "pretty sure if we stayed out of each other's way we wouldn't be in this position" I joke I rub my stomach turning to get a bowl and fork for jay. I hated having him here the chemistry it kills me. I spend half, correction more than half the time trying not to bang him on my couch or you know kiss him when the children are present. But I can't say no. I would also never say no to him. "Uncle Will say he come for dinner I think he is scared of Alli" i hear MillieFlorence tell him as he puts them on the floor. He places his bag on the floor before looking around "what" "party" Alvin said jumping around "we have dance party daddy I make sure Alli doesn't fall while mummy cooks yummy food" "she makes the best food doesn't she" Jay said "hmm no Grandpa does" I hear Jay laugh causing me to scoff. "I don't think I had grandpas cooking" "we will tell him" the certainty in my four year olds voice. "Start tidying up guys" I said from the doorway "are you going to help daddy mummy can't bend far so we have to help and Alli needs help" "daddy is going to help me get dinner ready" she nods going to pack up.

"How why I'm am in shock at how good she is with you" "she missed me Jay also she has the same thing I did where we have trouble communicating our feelings she will get better with age don't worry" "she's a good big sister I don't see them together interacting at least that much actually I never see it" "she's always like that always helping him or showing him what to do she's super patient but only patient for him" he laughs nodding "she looses her mind at hailey than when I try to get involved it only makes it worse" "does she know hailey" he looks at me confused "did she just move in and try to parent her or did she meet her first because if she doesn't know that's more of a flight or flight response than her loosing her mind" he hums "how do you know this" "you forget I have probably read every book relating to parenting when I was pregnant with her I have a collection in the cupboard in the hall of my favourites some are even highlighted if you want to read them" he shakes his head grabbing the two bowls I just filled with pasta and putting them on the table. "Na I think I'll just ask you your a lockbox of knowledge" i laughs shaking my head "so what would you do" I look at him confused "about her and the situation" "well for one I would talk to hailey about everything the future absolutely everything than I would explain that despite being four she has emotions that are as big as ours only she doesn't know how to navigate them like we do. I would also explain that I am her parent no matter what unless you want to talk about that now your in a relationship I would explain all our standards how we parent just everything than if she's not running for the hills" I said putting the last two bowls down standing opposite him "I would then introduce her to Moon tell her to just try be her friend or something not a parent I would explain she has to parents and she needs to know who hailey is before any of the parent stuff comes in" why was I helping him. I didn't want them together. But this was as for betterment of MillieFlorence. "Seeing her here I should just...she should live here and I'll visit her" "mummy daddy brought Bertie" "Bertie" both children come running MillieFlorence holding the cat. "Oh lovely thank you for returning my cat" he just laughs "go was your hands" I told them "we aren't doing that she will go between both our houses she loved it at your house you just have to remind her of why she loved it" I told him sternly before following after my children.