A little human

Little Alvin Severide was growing everyday

Little Alvin Severide was growing everyday. It was like something new and amazing happened with him. His six months old. He was a little human constantly trying to crawl and everything.

"Mummy" MillieFlorence complained wanting me. She was sick I'm trying to keep her away from Alvin Benjamin as much as I could but they live together so it was a tad bit difficult. I pick her up carrying her around as she snuggled into me. As much as I hated preschool for making her sick I do miss getting rid of one crazy child for a few hours.

I sat on the floor, patting her head with a cold cloth as my other hand feeds Alvin a bottle who's ball ended in my arms. Her fever spiked and I was doing everything to get it down.

I put Alvin to bed. MillieFlorence was determined to stay up and wait for Jay, who I didn't even know if he was coming here. He wasn't answering, I do know they have a big case though. She only had undies shorts on, I had taken everything else off in an attempt to bring her fever dow .

She eventually fell asleep, me putting her in her bed. I was standing over Alvin Benjamin checking him over. The app that I have connected kept telling me his oxygen was low, I was trying to work out if it was bugging out or not. I sigh picking him up walking through the house grabbing my things. I wouldn't be able to relax if I didn't do anything "hey sorry I'm late what's going on" "the monitor thing that I strap to him keeps telling me his low on oxygen" "go Ill stay with Millie" I smile "thank god I was kinda freaking out trying to work out how I was going to get her to the car" "I'll take care of our daughter go" I open the door "oh check on her regularly she has a fever in two hours she can have medicine Uh" "Dellie I know how to take care of a sick kid" I sigh nodding knowing very well he probably will freak out but I couldn't stick around "call me or will" I said rushing to the car.

I sped, don't tell my children this in the future. I haphazardly park my car, I don't even know if I got it. I rush into the ED "Delilah" Maggie asks "uh the app is telling me his oxygen is low and" I rush out panicking "hey calm down deep breath this is the place to be let's get him hooked up" I nod I undo his jumpsuit he sleeps in allowing Maggie to put wire all over "Moon is sick his hasn't been normal so I think his getting whatever she has or has it" she nods "hey this is the best place plus I don't think anyone wants to see him sick or you worrying" she comforts me "Delilah" I look over seeing the red head Halstead coming in "well you were right his oxygen is down" Maggie told me as Will got to work offing tests and everything. "Hey we have him on oxygen his numbers will start coming up" I nod thanking her as she leaves "so I heard Millie is sick to" "your brother" "yeah" "he didn't even wait" I roll my eyes knowing he called. "Now we are going to find out what this little guy is sick with" he assured me

After he was admitted he stopped breathing twice. "He will be fine" Will assured me Kelly was beside Alvin who was asleep in his crib, the machines beeping comforting us greatly. "Jay" I say confused seeing said man walk confidently into the ED. We were waiting to move Alvin upstairs, there wasn't an available staff or something I don't know. Jay looked startled, like he actually considered walking out for a moment "I panicked Will wasn't answering and I didn't want to bother you I was actually going to try to avoid you....also the only other person I can call us your dad and he would never trust me again with her" I smile at his rambling state "come in here I'll check her out" Will said leading them into the room Alvin was in "that way you don't actually have to check her in" he added Kelly looks up confused "Jay panicked" "what I was worried about our child" Jay exclaimed I moved our bag that Kelly had brought with him. I kinda just brought Alvin in. Jay gently lays MillieFlorence down on the couch, said girl let's out a groan of discomfort. "It's ok moon let Uncle Will make you better" I comfort rubbing her hot head. I could feel the sweat seeping off her head "did you give her an kids nurofen or Tylenol anything" Will asks listening to her chest "stop looking at me like that she hasn't been this sick normally I just give her soup and she's fine" Jay said "I take that as a no" "she was due two hours after I left" I said "it hasn't been two hours see I'm not that bad" all I can hear is Kelly quietly chuckling bringing a smiling to my face.  "Hows my god child" "man you guys make a weird family hey Delilah you planning on having any more children" "I had one six months ago I'm working on looking hot first Will" that brought laughter into a situation that typically doesn't see any. We were all trying to make each other laugh well me, Jay and Kelly Will was busy working. We were just trying to alleviate some of the pain and worry that is crippling  us, even if we know it won't work. "I think she just needs lots of rest and fluid I can't see any reason that this isn't the average cold...I'll give her some tylenol and hook some fluids up when you get home I imagine you'll be taking her home just keep her cool or try to give her lots of ice water that cools the inside lots of baths the steam helps but" "basically just steam the room up beside giving her a cool bath" I cut Will off making him smile "call me even here in all this craziness I'll help" "I know didn't want you to worry though" I roll my eyes "I'm not sleeping am I" "you wouldn't anyway even without the fever the worry will get you" he smiles just pulling me close kissing my head. "I called Voight told him your here told him he didn't have to come that you have Kelly April and will" I roll my eyes "no matter what you say dad would come also kinda defeats the purpose of not calling him don't you think" he sigh as Will and Kelly weakly laugh "well now that you say it like that" he weakly laughs rubbing his neck. I should probably preface that the laughs aren't happy or full of life they are weak, some are empty. They are more just music to fill the empty dull room, music in attempt to fill someone's hurt heart. To an outsider it seemed like we didn't care that there were two sick kids, one very sick stopped breathing and all. But that's just from the outside an outsider can never truely see the pain, panic, love, worry well anything they don't want to see.

(I'm Australian these are the generally rules we follow also we don't have tylenol but google tells me it's the same as Panadol and I do know that. So if any of its a little different that's why. Nurofen is an Australian medication also don't know if that's in America google confused me with that one)