Happy

I had a wonderful night

I had a wonderful night. I smile as I quietly open the door. It was well past midnight both Jay and MillieFlorence should be asleep. I quietly close the door putting my bag on the counter sighing. I take my shoes off relishing in the fact my feet were no longer in heels.

"Mumma" I spin around so fast I'm surprised I didn't fall. "Hey Baby" I said quietly picking her up "what are you doing awake Miss Millie Moon" she giggles quietly and very tired. She rubs her eyes causing me to sigh "were you naughty for daddy" she shakes her head before resting it on my shoulder.

I walk into my room smiling as I see Jay sleeping on my bed. No doubt layed MillieFlorence down in her to get her to sleep. I gently put her down on bed. "Lay next to daddy I will come join you in just a second" she pouts but goes and lays down on my pillow. I go into the bathroom changing and getting ready for bed.

I carefully get in beside the bed. MillieFlorence instantly pulls my top up making me sigh. She was already up, no idea how she has that much energy this late. I adjust my pillows before picking her up allowing her to lay across me as she breastfeeds. She plays with her hair with one hand while the other rubs her eyes. I pick up my phone seeing it's 1am. I scroll through my phone off in my own world.

I put my phone down as Jay starts to move mumbling all sorts of things. I notice MillieFlorences eyes snap to him. I didn't know what to do. I sigh jumping up putting MillieFlorence in the crib in the corner of my room. She immediately starts crying. She was beyond tired and just wanted my milk to go to sleep. "I'm just going to help daddy baby" I tell her but it does nothing to stop her crying. She just sits there crying begging for me to come back breaking my heart.

I slowly and hesitantly walk toward him. "Jay" I said quietly. I gently run my hand along his face. He doesn't move. I don't know what I expected. I gently shove him causing him to gasp jumping up. He held me in place with one hand around my shirt the other threatening to punch me. I take a breath trying to get rid of the panic. All I could hear was MillieFlorence begging for me. "Jay Jay" i say his eyes suddenly widen, he lets me go like I burn him causing me to stumble. He glances around disoriented "hey hey your alright" I say getting in front of him. I carefully grab his hand bring it up to my cheek "we're ok" he weakly smile before glancing at MillieFlorence who is standing holding onto the crib crying for us. I sigh walking over picking her up and laying her across me allowing her to breastfeed again. She rubs her eyes sniffing as she drinks. I glance at Jay who is looking at us he looked so lost. I sigh sitting down on the bed careful not to disrupt her. Jay looks at the door then at me. "You can stay" he hesitates before he sighs coming and laying down where he previously slept. "How long you been up" "not long she was awake" he sighs "she wouldn't sleep" "I figured" I smile at him "she normally that bad" I shake my head "no but I do have my milk if she's annoying she always falls asleep to that" he smirks nodding he gently runs his fingers along her face. Her eyes watch him before they tiredly close. He just watches her breathing. "When was the last time you slept" he doesn't answer, he goes to leave "wait you can stay" he seemed to contemplate it "come on she's like a worm some nights so I don't always sleep then you have an actual excuse to be tired not some weird one you come with that no one will believe" he just shakes his head sighing "oh your making my bed feel like a water bed" I joke making him laugh. His laugh still makes my heart flutter. His smile makes me think much like everyone else believe everything is ok.

I lay a passed out MillieFlorence between us. I lay down tired. It was the first time we had been in the same bed. I didn't know what to feel.

I woke up to see neither Jay or MillieFlorence beside me. I sigh getting up and ready. I walk out of the room ready for the day seeing Jay cooking feeding MillieFlorence as he does. It was an amazing sigh. A sight I loved, that made me smile. "So you going to tell me about last night" he asks bring me back to reality "nope" "who was it was it a date" "why so many questions" I smirk "no reasons...ok maybe I want to know who this guy is" "His a detective from Homeside like I a colleague" "you never answered if it was a date or not" "I don't have to" "really we have a daughter together" oh how I want to murder him "you really want to do this in front of our daughter" I snap furious "maybe I forgot but I don't remember you clearing it with me when you decided to sleep with that bar girl who ended up killing a DEA agent" "she didn't kill him" "doesn't matter to me who do you think you are but since you cheated on me you have absolutely no right no right to me" I snap picking MillieFlorence up and walking us both back into my room. Why does he make me wish I would just get my dad to kill him, but I love him so so much so I can't. I also don't want my daughter to not have a father. I sigh wiping my eyes "you can spend the day with her if you want" I say he just nods taking her he goes to speak but I'm already out of the room.