A new routine

I walk to the cafe smiling

I walk to the cafe smiling. MillieFlorence walking beside me or just behind me. "It's good to have you home" dad said kissing me before picking up a happy MillieFlorence. "You know I always would have come back" "you looking after your mummy for me" he asks MillieFlorence "yep but daddy" she sighs dramatically it's safe to say she got his dramatics. "How is living there you can come home I don't want you leaving again" "I'm not I have an apartment not far from him though...his been staying helping treating me like glass we've all be kidnapped at some point guess it was just my turn" I shrug "now that's not true you know it wouldn't have happened if I didn't let you leave" I sigh "dad" "I never should have allowed him to be with you" "you didn't really have a choice you found out when I was pregnant" "I thought Erin would break him truth was he broke someone more important to me" "dad" I sigh "how's your new normal" "well we sleep together so that hasn't changed only now she can run across the hall and jump on Jay. We wake up make breakfast and forces him to eat with us which his currently mad I don't have to eat but he does...but it's been good just taking it easy" he nods sipping his coffee "grandpa mummy needs a job can she work with you cause than I see mummy daddy and grandpa all at once when I come" MillieFlorence said  matter of factly dad just laughs looking at me "I do need someone I trust to do all the analysis type of thing" I roll my eyes "I will as long as I'm not trapped in the lab I like looking at records and other things as well" "I know you always have" he nods looking over at MillieFlorence who sips her chocolate milk before laughing at the sound and bubbles that appear as she blows into the straw. "Millie Moo don't do that honey" she smiles nodding "what do you think can your mummy and daddy work together" "nope" MillieFlorence answered my dad making him laugh and me frown. "We can work perfectly thank you very much" "that was before everything though" "we are both mature adults" "one of whom cheated on you and continuously hurt you" "your just bitter that we left" "I am and that isn't easy to forgive" I sigh in reply causing my dad to shrug. He didn't blame me and you can't blame a three year old that left just one person to blame. Personally I'm just glad he can be nice. "Grandpa do you have mummy's books at home" my dad looks at her "I want to look at them could you or mummy read them I think it confuses daddy and mummy said you read them to her" she asks "I would love to read books with you" "I'll bring my favourite don't tell daddy he thinks it's oh the places we go I do love that one to but my favourite favourite is the one with animals and plants it has gold pages and pretty gold stuff on the cover" dad looks at me "it's like an encyclopaedia" I inform him, He nods.

I follow dad walking up the steps into intelligence. MillieFlorence is talking a million miles an hour to my dad. It was easy to figure out that she missed him. My heart stops seeing the blonde Heather Hailey whatever her name is on Jays desk, they were clearly flirting. I did love him despite everything. I just didn't understand how he could be at my place all the time helping and giving me attention but he here flirting with her. I sigh closing the best course of action is to ignore it going over to greet everyone else. "Daddy" MillieFlorence yells running over making the two aware that we were here. I watch Jay pick her up the two smiling happily. "How is my favourite girl" "really good I had chocolate milkshake and grandpa said he would read mummy's old books to me" she told him excitedly "daddy who's she why is she sitting on the desk" she whispered but everyone in the room could hear "this is Hailey my partner" "hi you know he loves mummy they are going to get married" Adam and Kevin who were beside me let out a quiet laugh while my dad glares. "Hailey meet MillieFlorence my daughter" "hi" she waves innocently "hey moon how have you been" Adam said walking over giving her a high five. "Good mummy might work here so I see everyone all the time now I like that I miss you all" "we miss you and your mum as well Flo" Al said smiling over at me making me smile at him. Jay just stares longingly at me, I could see a hint of confusion behind his eyes though. "So where are you guys off to after here" Kim asks me "fire house to see Kelly" MillieFlorence cuts in "then by that time April should be off so we're getting dinner with her" I add "well tomorrow we're getting lunch or something" "of course just message me" I tell her "and daddy's been having lots of sleepovers with mummy and me cause mummy is hurt" I hear MillieFlorence tell Hailey. "I see your daughter is making sure they don't end up together" Al said "yeah" I said nodding "how are you and Jay" Kim asks "uh his flirting with a blonde at work so I think it's safe to assume besides our daughter we are nothing to each other" I shrug it stung to say but maybe it's time to move on. I didn't even know what that meant the guy held my entire heart, gave me my daughter. "Let have a girls night" Kim said making me look over at her "ohh can I come I can be like your wing man" Adam said "girls night Adam" she said firmly "we could invite April, Natalie Stella" she began to list "come on it will be fun beside she needs a wingman" "what about wingwoman" Kim exclaimed "think she already has that" Kevin said pointing at my sassy daughter who's comfortable in her fathers arms.