A working woman

I walk up to the desk "is that mini chuckles" "we both know I the only chuckles" I laugh at the interaction "so I hear your working for your dad" Trudy said "oh not like I had a choice" I said playfully "and now I get so see daddy and grandpa ever...

I walk up to the desk "is that mini chuckles" "we both know I the only chuckles" I laugh at the interaction "so I hear your working for your dad" Trudy said "oh not like I had a choice" I said playfully "and now I get so see daddy and grandpa everyday as well" MillieFlorence said happily "how is being with daddy" "Aunty E said his like a lost puppy" she said "we have lots of fun though" "I get the impression it's lots of fun" I said as we follow Trudy up the steps. MillieFlorence jumping up every step while I hold her hand.

"As you all know this is my daughter Delilah she's going to be working with us won't be going into the field often she will mainly be working from here" dad said proudly Justin would be going on and on about how I was the golden/favourite child if he was here. "And" dad began looking around "with Kevin" I said "that is MillieFlorence as you all know when she's here she is the most important thing" dad instructed "I'm making new friends" "you already know him Bub" "I know bud it's been forever so it's like we meeting all over again" she smiled "daddy daddy guess what" "what" Jay asks picking her up placing her on his lap "I see you all the time now and grandpa to Ohh and uncle Al but I won't see Aunty E but she promise she visit and would bring me a new book every time she does" "how does it feel to have a child smarter than you Halstead" Adam said I hear Al let out a chuckle "she probably the second smartest one in the room" Jay shrugs not seeing the issue or anything wrong with it "but she's three" "so" I say gaining their attention "she's smarter than you by a mile at least some people here give her a bit of competition" I said smiling when I see his stunned face "isn't it going to be confusing with both of you" Hailey asks "nope" I said simply shrugging. I didn't like her something just rubbed me the wrong way. Probably for the fact she stuck her nose in where it doesn't belong.

I was standing by the board the files spread across jays desk. He had left not long ago to take MillieFlorence on a lunch date. Before you question it MillieFlorence is in preschool from 9-3 three days a week and 8.30-3.45 two days a week. Granted we can pick or drop her off and pick her up at any time. But that starts tomorrow. I stare at the papers writing small notes so they understand, deciphering the lab reports for them putting an asterisk beside anything that doesn't make sense so I can remember to look into that. "You really shouldn't be taking someone else's desk" Hailey said causing me to roll my eyes. I am happy she finally said something though, she had been glaring at me the whole time. "A) his not here currently B) I think I can safely say he won't mind in fact he will probably encourage it" I said not looking up at her just shuffling papers and highlighting/writing things. "Don't you think it's rude to assume that" I could tell everyone was listening however she was the only one not working "think I have know him long enough to make that judgment despite what you assume we are best friends" "his in love with you" she cut me off "I know" "you don't" "I don't think it's any of your business I have just moved back after he told me to leave I was willing to stay for him but he told me to go...we both want Mil to get use to being back and life here before we make any decisions" I said simply finally looking at her sending her a smile before I go back to work.

"Al this here do you" I show him the paper making him pick one up passing it to me "I'm proud of you for putting her in her place" he said quietly I hand rolled the chair over to his desk "she's in love with him" he smirks at me "so I wasn't the only one to notice that" I shook my head smiling "who went and spoke to the lab" "uh I think ruz why" "there's either a page missing or they purposely left stuff out" "make a list" he passes his notepad. Using his desk I look at the papers I have writing down all the chemicals not listed along with all the components. Everything I could think of that would be on the missing page. A lab worker of some kind is missing truth was I didn't actually spend time figuring out what type of lab. I just knew he worked with chemicals. "Ruz we're going to ther lab" Al said picking up just jacket. I pass him the pad sliding back "call me to translate if you have to" he sends me a smile as he walks down the hall with Adam chasing after. I get up knocking on my dads door "hey just wanted to tell you I think someone at the lab did it" I say walking in closing the door as I see him lean back smiling. I was always giving my opinion on what I think ever since I was three. The only difference back than I didn't know all the details dad would just say this guys his a gangster and this guy works hard what do you think who did it. I didn't even know what gangster meant but I always told him and loved thinking I was helping. He would always make me believe I was right or I had thought of something he hasn't. "Now why do you say that" "oh I don't know maybe the fact someone is clearly hiding an entire page from you guys don't worry I told Al his on his way with Adam as we speak" he just smirks "been here half the day and your already taking my job" I gasp "I would never" he just hugs me kissing my head.

Sitting back down "mummy we brought you food and chips I know you love them so I got them" MillieFlorence said fast walking over to me "thank you baby" I kiss her head thanking her "so you stole my desk" Jay said smiling "yeah probably the most work this desk has ever seen" I joke "mummy's funny she has her funny voice" MillieFlorence said I have no idea what she's talking about but I smile at her. Jay leans down hugging me "so what you doing" MillieFlorence sat on my lap eating the chips that were meant to be for me. "Going over all the paper work and comparing it to what you know" I glance at him smiling. "The lab or someone left a page out Al and Adam have gone to investigate" He nods against my shoulder his eyes moving over the papers that are all across his desk. "Here daddy" MillieFlorence said feeding him one of the chips that were meant to be for me. Almost as if they didn't go out to lunch or anything. "Mummy here you get all of them" she passes me the packet making me smile. It wasn't full it has now half full making me seriously wonder how she ate that fast. "Your mummy is smart Millie moo" she smiles "I be smart just like mummy" she said making me lean down and kiss her head. "Are you having her or am I" I shrug "I had a whole year Jay if you want her I don't mind just not all the time I do need my Mil cuddles" I said cuddling MillieFlorence making her laugh in delight I felt Jay squeeze me "I'd never" "you can come no matter what though even if she's spending the night at mine" he nods against my me, my hand holds his arm that's around me "grandpa you want chips I brought chips" MillieFlorence said jumping off me and running over to him her hair flowing side to side. I got like one chip, I thought they were meant to be mine. I hear Jay laugh, feeling his body rumble against mine reminding me of how close we are. "I'll buy you some later" he promised causing me to roll my eyes "you don't have to but you should already know I never say no to food" I stand up making him straighten up. I squeeze his arm before moving out of the way giving him his chair back. I lean down kissing his head, ruffling his hair before walking away. Not missing the dramatic gasp he did making me laugh.