Promise

THIRD PERSON POV

Jay walked into the apartment to drop MillieFlorence off. Delilah-Jo had called asking to have her later as she had plans.
Earlier that morning Delilah-Jo had gone with Shawn to pick Peter up from Stateville, not exactly the place for a three year old. Peter was being released and Delilah-Jo couldn't be more excited.

"Hey squirt" Peter said noticing the vibrant pink and blue haired toddler coming in. MillieFlorence looked nervous as she paused in step. She studies the man on the couch, behind her Jay tenses not aware of who this is. "It's Peter" he said smiling at her this makes MillieFlorence gasp before racing over "I knew I knew you I just couldn't remember you aren't like I thought you are prettier" Peter let's put a loud laugh hugging her "you are still a Ray of sunshine I see" "always where's mummy" MillieFlorence said looking around "in her room go say hi" he placed the girl on the floor watching her run off. The moment she was out of sight Peter sprung up.

"Peter" he held his hand out playing polite he knew who this was. He was the reason that Delilah-Jo had been upset on so many phone calls. "Jay" he said shaking Peters hand. "So your the reason beautiful LilahJo was upset" Peter mused confusing Jay they were happy he had no idea what was happening. Peter glances back hearing the two girls in the other room laughing. In one swift motion he whips out his pocket knife, push's Jay back so his leaning against the kitchen counter. The knife was to jays throat making said man's eyes widen. He didn't expect this nor did he know what to do. "You know I have been dreaming of this day" he gently runs the knife against his throat "how in your right mind could you think it's ok to hurt the nicest person on the planet what did she ever do to you in fact she gave you a glorious sunshine...you can live with the knowledge that the only reason your alive is because I don't want to hurt sunshine that badly" he said pushing the knife in but not hard enough to cause blood just hard enough to get the point across. Peter jumps back suddenly helping Jay stand sending him a look to not say anything.

Delilah-Jo walks out with MillieFlorence walking behind talking a million miles an hour about what they had done. "I see your met" Delilah-Jo said smiling "we have and I also met sunshine" "you know your the only one who calls me that grandpa calls me MillieMoon or grapefruit daddy call me Moon or Millie mummy calls me moon, Millie, Mills, monkey Justin calls me Bananas and Dwarf sometimes Flo  and Dan is dwarf number two" she said smiling "why so many fruit" "I like them Shawn calls me carrots sometimes mainly little rabbit thought I think bunny will be better but mummy doesn't like that name" she said smiling.

Jay walks into intelligence in a trance like state. He needed to know who this guy was. He sat at his desk and began typing away. "You right Jay" Hailey asks "yeah just this guy at Lilahs" he said "what guy" Hank asks having heard and becoming concerned "uh he said his name is Peter" Jay said "Peter you sure" Al asks sharing a look with Hank "yeah why he even called Millie sunshine" Jay said "he got out" Al mused in amazement "should I be worried" "he won't hurt them if that's what your concerned about"Al assured Jay "he was never good for De" Hank said clearly upset "he threatened me sorry if I'm not willing to believe his not a danger he clearly doesn't care" he snapped upset.

"Here" Al said passing a file to Jay "I never gave it to you" Al adds walking away. They were in the parking lot away from the chaos of the district. Jay opens the file to see its Peters record along with police reports. Murder, drugs, robbery and a series of other lower grade crimes  he read the rap sheet upset.

"Daddy" MillieFlorence asks confused "grab your things moon" he said "Jay" Delilah-Jo said "what are you" "she's coming with me" Jay snapped "what why" "but I wanna stay with mummy" MillieFlorence said right as Peter walked into the room rubbing his wet hair with a towel "man hot water is amazing...what's going on" "daddy is being mean" MillieFlorence said tears building in her eyes not wanting to leave her mummy. "You can see her all you want but she's not staying here with him here" Jay said clearly still mad "oh someone looked me up tell us did you look me up or did her daddy or uncle Al clue you in because you were clueless this morning" "it doesn't matter" "I don't wanna leave" MillieFlorence said now hysterically crying "I know but we have to to make sure your safe" "but mummy keep me safe always" MillieFlorence said stamping her foot "nows not the time Millie" Jay heartlessly said. That's when he picked her up taking her. Her screams and pleas could be heard all through the street. Delilah-Jo fell to the floor crying. It felt like her heart was ripped out of her chest.

"LilahJo" Peter said racing over wrapping his arms around her. She collapsed into him crying. She was a broken woman. "I get her back for you I promise" he assured the woman kissing her head. It was a promise he wasn't prepared to let go. It had to be followed through. She wouldn't survive if he didn't get sunshine back.