Father

It had been a few weeks

It had been a few weeks. I was off the crutches, my foot was still wrapped but I could walk just with the occasional limp. I sat beside Justin opposite our father for breakfast. We all had a coffee, Justin got pancakes while dad and I got eggs and bacon. He got mums love for pancakes dad likes to remind us. "So how would you feel if I told you" "are you back at work" Justin cut me off making me glare at him "yes I have been for a couple days I was going to say before I was so rudely interrupted is that I'm dating someone" I snap "no" dad immediately said "what yes" I say back "who is it" Justin said shoving a bit of pancake in his mouth, oh how I want to just ram it in make him choke on it. "Doesn't matter right now just know that he makes me so so happy" I say they got to warm up to the idea don't want them to kill him just yet. Dads radio suddenly goes off informing us they found a body. "I have to go" he said getting up "I'm coming" "what" I shrug seeing the looks they were giving me as I walk to dads car. He sighs getting in a minute later "you sure" "positive I'm so bored and we both know you prefer me over Rodriguez who will come if I don't. Also your there so nothing can happen" I smile causing him to smile back at me. "Don't push yourself" "promise" I say nodding.

I get out of the car smiling. God I was happy to be back. I wave to his unit more importantly jay before walking over to the body. Jay walks over after they have their brief thing. "Thought you weren't working" I smirk up at him "dad prefers me and I'm so bored" I can tell he wants to laugh but that would defeat the whole secret thing. I take look over the body taking samples "I started warming them up to the idea" I don't take my eyes off the body "oh yeah how did it go" "Justin wants to beat you up and dad was quiet but I'm working on it they don't know who you are promise" he smile "I wouldn't care if they did" "you would if they tried to kill you which is a high possibility" I say standing up and facing him "I have to run test on the body to be sure but I think the bullet wound to the heart killed him...drag marks there and there" I point to them "it's a dump site" Jay adds nodding causing me to nod "I have taken samples of what was on the body the stuff that generally falls off in transportation so we will find out how long it's been here" he nods he opens his mouth to say something but a shot rang out. Multiple shots. Jay immediately grabs me pulling us to the floor using his body to shield me. I cutch his chest for dear life. He squeezes my arms to telling me he was there and wasn't going anywhere. When the shoot stops, it felt like it lasted forever. He slowly gets up careful not to touch me or hurt me. He puts his hand out for me which I immediately take allowing him to take me. I hug him, to an outsider it would look like a thank you for saving my life hug. But to us it was an I love you hug and thank god your ok hug. I pull back smiling gratefully "thank you" "always" I could tell he wanted to say more but couldn't here. "De are you ok" dad rushed over with Al and everyone else. I was the only one who wasn't armed. "I'm ok Jay pulled me down protected me" I smile at the man who smiled back. Al squeezes my arm before dad wraps his arm around me holding me close. "Don't get involved Jay" I hear Erin Warn him dad is talking about god knows what "Justin told me to listen to her when she says not to get between them. Voights don't play fair never have and when more then one is involved it's dangerous" she warned him. Part of me was worried he would listen to her, Believe what's she's saying. I sigh pushing that thought aside allowing Dad to lead me away to his car. "You see anything kid" I run my hand through my hair "um bright green car I don't know what kind I just saw the flash of green" he nods rubbing my shoulder before reaching behind me opening the door. "Get in I'm taking you home" "to my lab" he gives me a look "dad nothing is going to happen there and I'm going insane in that house nothing to do" he sighs "fine" he rubs his face "but your getting picked up after" I nod accepting that. I knew he wouldn't have it any other way. Not after I had almost been shot. "Dad" he spins around "I'm ok I always will be I'm a Voight" he cracks a smile nodding before going over to tell his team his taking me to my lab.

"So" I jump spinning around seeing Jay lean against the doorway. "Hey" he stalks over to me pulling me into a kiss "you have no idea how much I wanted to do that before" I smile at him "I think I have some idea" "oh yeah" I nod smiling goofily "did dad send you" he groans "you have to bring him into this ruin the moment" I laugh "yeah he did" he smiles sheepishly I walk over picking up the file I had made, handing it to him. "Also wanted me to ask what Rodriguez is up to" I turn to my computer typing away. "Um the Malloy case" he nods "ask if he wants me to work on it" he nods walking over kissing me one last time. "Can I come over tonight" "you know my doors always open...and Christmas is in a few weeks" he nods "we will have a whole week" I say he smiles gleefully "oh all the things we can do" he pulls me to him making me giggle. "I was so worried about you today" "well now you know how I feel everyday when your out there" he laughs just squeezing me a little tighter. "Be safe out there" I say leaning up and kissing him "do I have to tell you that now to your being shot at as well" I laugh shaking my head "that only happens when I'm with you unless Rodriguez finds out about mine and dads secret op then who knows" He sighs kissing my head "be careful" I nod kissing him one last time before pushing him out of the room.