New Begginings

It's been quiet sometime

It's been quiet sometime. MillieFlorence was three and full of wonder and curiosity. She's constantly spreading an unimaginable amount of love. A year ago now I had a conversation with Jay, a conversation filled with a lot of love but an equal amount of pain. We both knew we couldn't keep going. He was staying in the guest bedroom and he seemed happy. I however was filled with this dread that I was holding him back, that he wanted to make it right for me out of guilt. I had to set him free, I loved him but I told him to not work around me or MillieFlorence we will always be there. We will be his constant. It was fine we were thriving in fact he even was planning on moving out. Before he got to opportunity, one in New York.

"Just tell me if Millie wasn't in the picture would you" "yeah" I nod "but Moon is the most important thing and I'm not taking her away from you" "New York is a two hour flight twelve driving" I stare at him "you basically put your life on hold for me De and I know Voight is only not killing me because his favourite person loves me to much. I hurt you in a way that even I don't know if I can repair. And despite that you have loved me and raised our gorgeous daughter to me the wonderful person she is" "you had a hand in that don't give me all the credit she does adore her dad" "don't talk yourself down you moulded who into the strong powerful independent smart girl that I'm proud of every day" he walks around the counter hugging me. After a moment he pulls back but keeps his arms on me "i want you to take it it will be temporary we both know that your a Chicago girl" he smirks putting my hair behind my ear "give Millie the best experiences you can I will come up whenever I can and you will no doubt be coming back all the time...don't give this up for me you gave up so much time here because I wasn't around to help with Millie" I go to speak "we will talk all the time" he weakly smiles "go pack I'll hang out with Millie and help her pack then we will be a family like we should have been. You can hang out with your dad before you leave at the end of the week" he goes to walk away "I'll book him out tickets" he adds before leaving me there stunned.

MillieFlorence and I live with Erin. It was a two bedroom apartment. MillieFlorence still sleeps with me so that makes it easy. Erin doesn't mind all the random toys and things that end up around, thankfully. Erin and MillieFlorence even have Saturday morning snuggles on Erin's room. We had settle well, even if it wasn't Chicago. Millie is in daycare and I work as a forensic officer or something truth be told I don't think my job really had a title. I was basically a officer and a forensic scientist I just didn't go out into the field. The perfect job for me. The average forensic stuff starts to get boring to looking into people, finding things it sparks excitement, like I apart of the team. MillieFlorence goes to daycare four times a week spends the rest of her time at the station or with Erin. We were happy. Thriving even.