Secrets of Life and Death

Dear readers,

First, go back and vote for the previous chapters if you haven't already.
Then, please check if you've followed my profile.
Soon, I'll shift to the continued part of this story in another book.
The Unventured Passions Book-2
And, if you like to read my work, it only make sense for you to follow so that you don't miss an update.

And lastly, this chapter took a lot to get expressed in words the way I wanted it to be.
Do let me know your views.

...................................................................

The stone cold walls of the dungeon-like room was resounding the guttural screams coming from Satyavati Sunaina's core... So loud that it threatened to bring down the mercy of the gods from their heavenly abode.
She was screaming, at the top of her lungs, and beside her were three Mounis, holding her hands up her head, wiping the beads of sweat from her forehead. By her feet were two others, preparing a tub of luke warm water, preparing to welcome the light of their kingdom.

"Raja Saaaaheb! Call himmmm...." Sunaina grunted, tears rolling down her eyes in abundance, her lips bruised from continuous biting, and two of the Mounis exchanged a fearful glance with each other.
"Nowwww.....!"
Sunaina screamed again.

One of the young Mounis ran out, and a few minutes later Raja Apurba Sen, or so was he known as, the king of Rangpur, almost dashed inside the cold cruel royal labour room where his wife was due for his baby.

"Princess... Princess, I'm here... I'm here my dear." He fell down on his knees near the flat stone slab where his wife lay, and cradled her shoulders with utmost love, holding her against his pounding chest.

"I'm... I'm dying..." Sunaina panted, and cried, chewing her words, and the king cupped her face and kissed her all over.

"Naa... Naa... Princess.... You're not... You're strong... You're way stronger than this... You can do this my love... I'm here... I'm right here..."
The king kissed her again, murmuring loving mothereses to her ears, and it visibly calmed her down a bit.

"I... I can't... Can't take this pain.... Please.... Dooo.... Something.... Pleaseeee....." She half screamed, half coughed the words, and a Mouni standing by her head brought a small tumbler of water to her lips.

"Here... Here, drink some... " Raja Saheb held the rim of the tumbler to her lips, and Sunaina gulped a little from it.
"You can do this... You can... You are my Princess, the bravest..."

Sunaina couldn't hear anymore, as like a flick of a switch she lost her consciousness, letting her head fall to her side, on her husband's palm.

"Arey... What's... What's happening... Boro Dhai Maa..."
He screamed, and the woman with the tub quickly rushed to her feet and lifted the brown blanket with which her legs were covered. She parted her legs wide apart and folded her knees for a clearer view.
A frown appeared on her already creased forehead, and it reflected on the king's face too.

"What happened? What happened to her?" He asked restlessly, almost on the verge of tears, and with eager anxious concern he started to tap on the queen's cheeks, hoping to bring her back to consciousness.

"Go away Raja Saheb... We need to bring the babe out now."
The only woman with voice and wrinkles spoke up, her usual calm voice wasn't calm anymore.