The Fear in the Dark

If you walked in a forest at first light, it you let the awakening green hues into your soul, that would be the sense that was her bedroom. There was a calmness, a serenity, a feeling of optimism.
And, for each night the bedroom was the stage for her dreams... their dreams!
It was tastefully furnished, just tidy enough to show that she cared about the space and just messy enough to show that she was able to let her creativity roam free. It was Bondita's peace zone, perfect for how she was. And, as for Anirudh, it was the alter on which he intended to worship her in every way possible.

"You made it up to me." Bondita hushed as she hovered over him, touching his sharp nose with the wetness of her lips.

Anirudh laughed silently, and rose to meet her as she lowered herself onto him, his hand stroking her skin, running his fingers down her spine. The white sheet had tangled their moistened bodies making them appear artistically enchanting.

"We dampened the bed." Bondita whispered.
"Where will you sleep tonight, my dear sweet husband!" She planted another kiss on his face, below his nose and right above his thin red lips.

Anirudh took long deep breath, inhaling the fragrance of her wet hair.
"I don't mind the damp bed." His eyes intensified on hers.
"And, you can sleep right here, on my chest, exactly the way you are now."

"Would you be able to sleep if I do?" Bondita raised her left eyebrow and teased him as her inner thighs touched his already erected manhood.

"Well, I could get used to this..." He paused and tucked her hair strands tickling his face behind her ears.
"I'm not denying I won't love you first... But, after we're done, I don't mind you falling asleep like this."

"Did I ever..."

Anirudh nodded at her words.
"Yes, you did... Do you remember our first night at Tehri Garhwal? Your feet were sored."

Bondita bashed at the memories.
"You mean the night we married?"

"For the second time... Yes. So that night, you're very tired. And, once you fell asleep I made you sleep like this, on my chest." He caressed her hair lovingly, planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Why?" Bondita asked.

"Why not? First, I wanted my new bride to be as close to me as possible. And second, the place was unfamiliar Bondita, I wasn't sure it was entirely safe from insects, so I couldn't have let you sleep on the floor." He smiled tenderly at her as Bondita buried her face in his shoulder for ultimate peace.

"You love me so much, Barrister Babu?" Her voice choked.

"You bet I do... A lot more actually."
Anirudh flipped her from his body and hovered over her instead, crutching on his elbow. His eyes lingered on her face as her cheeks slowly turned into shades of pink, red and purple.

"Say something?" Bondita murmured, making Anirudh smiled. He traced a line across her face with his finger and spoke seductively.

"What's for dinner, love?"

"What?" Bondita smiled.
"Um... We have bhaat, dal, begun bhaja, maach, chatni..."

"And?" Anirudh's voice was throaty and dripped sensuality.

"What more do you want?" Bondita murmured, acutely aware of the renewed tingling sensation in between her legs.

"Everything... Whatever you have..." He lowered his face further down on the crook of her neck as she felt his warm breath graze her cold skin.
"You are my Annapurna... I'll eat whatever you feed me." Anirudh breathed the words as his lips started to suckle on the delicate creamy skin of her neck.
The feeling was no doubt sensuous, pleasuring to her, but his words had unknowingly triggered an unknown space in her mind, as her thoughts instantly drifted back to the earlier memories of the day, memories that she so badly wanted to share with him, memories that she had sworn to secrecy.

"Barrister Babu, why did you send Batuk to pick me up?" She asked instead.

"What?" Anirudh lifted his head from her neck not quite prepared for this abrupt question.

"Why didn't you come to pick me up? I thought today you had taken an off from court, so where were you till this late?"

Anirudh lifted himself from her body and lay beside her. He took her hand in his and bringing it to his mouth he placed a soft kiss on her knuckles.

"I had an urgent matter to attend at the court." He paused.
"You remember those twenty one Krantikaris arrested last month?"

Bondita nodded silently as she heard her husband let out a sharp deep breath.
"One of them died in custody this morning. Another one is in critical condition, admitted in the hospital."
He paused as Bondita gasped at his words.
"I went to see Neelmoni Mukherjee. He is to pass the verdict on this case. I'm trying my best to persuade him to not sentence them for Kaalapani." He sat upright on the bed as Bondita pulled the white linen sheet and sat up covering herself with it.

"Custodial death is unpardonable Barrister Babu." Bondita's voice cracked up.

"I have to fight this legally Bondita. I can't be irrational, no matter how much I want to..." He paused.
"I have filed a case against this custodial murder as a prosecutor... I will do my best to get them justice Bondita." He wrapped his arms around her as she leaned over his shoulder.
"They are hunting for their leader like mad dogs..."

"Who is their leader?" Bondita muttered slowly fearing the answer.

"Satya Sen."

"What should happen if they get him?" Bondita felt her heart twitch in pain.

"They'll kill him, Bondita... Kaalapani may be."

"What happens at Kaalapani?" Bondita murmured as a soft tear ran down her cheeks.

"Death! It's hell on earth."

"Promise me that you'll save him if he ever gets caught!" Bondita suddenly cupped his face and turned him towards her.
"Promise me Barrister babu."
There was an earnest plea in her voice which touched and surprised him at the same time.

"I'll pray that he never gets caught." He pulled his sobbing wife to his chest caressed her head in reassurance.
"He's a master in disguise, speaks multiple languages fluently, I have even heard him to be an ambidexter, shoots with both hands with equal proficiency. It wont be easy to arrest him Bondita."

The room fell silent once again as Anirudh heard his wife murmur a soft heartfelt prayer with her head buried in his chest.
"Dugga Dugga.." 

Anirudh gripped her tighter, as his heart too, shook a little in some unknown disquiet.
"Shona? I'm hungry... Shall we go and eat?"

"Hmmm.."
Bondita hummed.

..............................................

Keep commenting if you want me to write more today.
Your author is in little need on inspiration today.
Do drop some plot ideas as well or how exactly do you want to see these new characters rolling.
Waiting. ❤️