Safe in your arms

Dear readers, this is my second update of the day please read the previous chapters and vote for them. The last few chapters havent received their minimum voting numbers as well!! ☹️
Also this story is not about daily encounters of Anirudh and Bondita's life, it is more of a fabricated novel, and if you skip chapters, you would not be able to understand anything.

I understand few of you might not appreciate other subplots such as Rai and Satya, or Princess and Trilochan... but trust me, the subplots are only making the story more gripping!!

A lot of new twists and surprising turns are about to come but for that I would need your support...all it takes is just voting, right? ❤️
I'll wait to read you comments too!!

I'll post the next chapter tonight itself if the votes go up!! Promise!

..................................................................

Babies always have their ways with their parents. Their lives somehow becomes their parents' life, their discomfort pains their parents more.
It's wasn't the same for Anirudh and Bondita after their brief morning argument, the renewed loud wails of the baby had made the young parents forget about all the brewed tension between them, Bondita was crying with the baby, not because of what had happened in the morning, but because, the agony of her child was too much for her to bear. Rudhita was burning up!

"Please... ShonaMaa... Please... Stop crying.... please...." Bondita had held her close to her bosom, trying to sooth the child with her motherly warmth, but in vain.

"Ready, let's go."
Anirudh had came out of the room, wearing a simple while kurta and dhoti, the cast on his left leg had made wearing trousers difficult for him. An offwhite shawl was wrapped around his shoulders, and with the soft stubbles on his chin, he looked the part, a handsome worried father!

"You'll have to drive." He stretched his arms at the baby, as she jumped into his embrace readily, but the wails continued.

The Calcutta Medical College was at a distance of about fifteen minutes from the Roy Chowdhury residence, and Bondita drove at her best speed, with her husband sitting beside her, the baby in his arms.

"There, take the left, it'll be less crowded." Anirudh was guiding her constantly and she followed his directions religiously. This was them, this was their bond, and in between, they fight for reasons that they don't even know themselves!

"Right from here, and park it beside that red car..." Anirudh was rocking the baby gently, "No... No... Not that car, the red one, beside it... "

Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow, and although Anirudh and Bondita's worries about the relentlessly crying baby was justified, yet when the doctor examined baby Rudhi, he couldn't help but smiled at the panicking parents.

"She's teething, Barrister Roy Chowdhury. It's a very natural thing... She's meant to cry."

"But... But, she's crying a lot!!" Anirudh had gasped, his eyes sheathing the child in his fatherly love.

"I understand, but there's nothing to worry... I'll give her some medicine and she should be giggling in no time." The doctor smiled in assurance, and Anirudh squeezed his wife's hand gently in reassurance."

Bondita nodded too.

"But, Mrs. Roy Chowdhury, you'll have to figure out a way to feed her with mother's milk, she needs it, and..."

He looked at Anirudh and paused..

"We understand. It was easier in our village, we had a wet nurse, but, we'll find one soon."