A Chanced Meeting

There is no other love like the love for a brother, and there can be no other love like the love from a brother.
Batuk and Anirudh had never shared their love for each other in words, but in a way they both had felt it dearly, their hearts connected together by a bond that was blood and beyond.
The day had started early and the two Roy Chowdhury brothers were busy discussing the next course of action to let the Court case ongoing.
Anirudh was lying down on the bed, instructing his younger brother, as Batuk sat with a typewriter, pressing it's keys to frame the words exactly as his brother had dictated.

"Bondita is better at this... " Batuk had pressed a wrong key, as his face flinched automatically.

"Don't worry. Type slowly from the beginning. We still have time."
Anirudh let out a sigh and continued to stare at the rotating ceiling fan.

"What next Dada? How will you contact the witnesses now?" Batuk had almost retyped till the end as he stopped abruptly to ask the question.

"I know what you are thinking Batuk." Anirudh smiled lazily.
"I had anticipated this attack. And so I had pre-planned a few things."

"Like?"

"Like Raimoti Mukherjee."

Batuk's face contorted at the mention of the name. He narrowed his eyes and looked at his brother quizzically.

"Raimoti could be a valuable asset. One testimony from her against her father at the court would strengthen our case to a huge extent." Anirudh moved his head slowly to his right and looked at his brother.

"How? And why do you think she would go against her father? She is an arrogant witch... self-centred and dimwitted."

Anirudh rolled his eyes at him.
"Self centred... Might be. But Raimoti Mukherjee isn't dimwitted Batuk. Infact, I would say her maturity level is way more than yours, and definitely witty."

"Come on Dada... Really?" Batuk kept the typewriter aside and folded his arms to his chest defensively.

"But, most importantly Batuk, that lady is righteous like anything. She has a very strong sense of right and wrong judgement... Impulsive and ofcourse hopelessly romantic, I agree, but righteous and fearless."

Batuk looked away.
"Stop praising her Dada... You have no idea what she did to me."

"What? Anirudh smiled. "Did she kiss you?"

A sharp sting of embarrassment took over Batuk's bright face at once.
"More." He murmured.

"And what did you do about it?"
Anirudh frowned at his flushed face.

"Nothing... I asked her to stay away."

"And, hence she suddenly turned into an 'arrogant witch', didn't she?"

Batuk nodded his head silently.

"All women are angels Batuk, they love to fly. But always remember... If you ever break their wings, they would still continue to fly, but on broomsticks!"

Batuk widened his eyes with a gaped expression as he tried to fathom the metaphor quoted by his brother.

"So, are you saying it's my mistake?" He objected.

"Ofcourse it's your mistake... You should have known better how to handle a women like her. If she kissed you once, you should have shown her stars in broad daylight."

Batuk scratched his head, looking visibly embarassed as he murmured another objection to his elder brother.
"But, I don't like her Dada... How can I force myself to..."
He didn't complete his sentence as Anirudh let out another sharp sigh.