More than just Equality

A community of buildings stood tall together in the city centre, reflecting both the blue and the clouds of white-silver hue. These tall sites of education, so different from one another, were so very content to reflect the beauty of green campus.The building where Bondita was to enter galloped up to the clouds, yet traditional in it's approach, and had an entire floor dedicated to a grand library, something that had attracted her attention on the day of admission. There were spiral staircases to go down several floors at a time, they had iron grilled elevators too, but convention stairway was what formed the heart of the building. Then there were the beautiful trees, sprawling their green canopy throughout the campus, turning the stretched land into some sort of a fairyland. Then there were the parts that transferred wind and solar energy to electricity, and the ground outside had parks with benches and butterflies. They had canteens as well, four of them in total, serving food and beverages to suit both Indian and British tastebuds.
Bondita had closed her eyes firmly, gripping her husband's hand, as she sat in the front sit on the car, with her heart thudding in anticipation.

"Don't worry Bondita, everything would be great." Anirudh's assuring words reached her ears and she let out a deep sigh.
"Consider this like your convent in Dehradun... It's the same. And, here you get to stay with me." He flashed a bright smile to comfort her.

"Dehradun was different." Bondita gripped his hand tighter.
"I was a small girl then. But, this is huge Barrister Babu." She ducked her head a little to get a full view of the enormous building that stood proud at the entrance of the University gate, welcoming the pursuers of knowledge with its open arms.
"Dehradun convent was a pond, and this is Bay of Bengal!" She murmured inaudibly.

"Do you want me to drop you to the building?" Anirudh touched her forehead lightly to tuck a strand of her hair.

"No, Barrister Babu, we talked about this, remember?" Bondita turned around and rolled her eyes at him.

"Oh yes. But I'm still not convinced. I mean going by your point, even my female clients and random people from here and there can fall in love with me and behave erratic." Anirudh smirked at her.
"Atleast let your friends see how good your husband is... So that no one bothers you." He winked at her helping her with the sling bag kept at the backseat.

"You mean, Bondita, let your male friends see how handsome and powerful and intimidating your husband is!" Bondita mocked at him, deepening her voice to match up to his tone.

"Intimidating? That's interesting!"

"Yes! Absolutely!"
Bondita smiled meaningfully and bend down to touch his feet.
Anirudh touched her head lovingly in return.

"Learn well Shona, and be safe. All my good wishes are with you." He touched her chin gently. "And, we shall discuss about me being intimidating at night." He winked at her again, making her flush before she opened the door of the car to get out.
"Bondita, you know the house telephone number and my personal telephone number at the judge court, right!" He raised his voice a bit as he saw Bondita walking towards the university gate.
She turned around at his words and raised her thumb in response, flashing a beautiful smile, cheerful enough to brighten her husband's day.

"God, I already miss her!" Anirudh let out a sigh and murmured as he reversed his car to fade away into the city crowd.

..................................................

"Did you receive your class allocation?"
A thin pale girl with black braided hair, neatly parted on both sides asked another girl standing next to her.

"Nalini, I received mine yesterday. My brother is a professor here, remember?" The girl remarked. She was wearing a long pleated skirt and a blouse tucked in neatly, with a pair of matching heels.