A Hint of Freedom

The victory celebration weaved the crowd together as the most magnificent of cloths. It was a levitation that they all shared, it raised all up to a higher plane of emotional bonding.
Barrister Anirudh Roy Chowdhury had won, and he won because he never once played for himself. He took the paths that made sense to him and not the herd. He won because he sought a victory that would belong equally to everyone, for, Barrister Babu's victory rewarded them all as much as it did to himself, or more.

The long corridor, and the four steps leading to the open quadrangle had transformed into a festive ground in no time, all cheering for the Barrister, all willing to touch him once, just once. They scattered Abeer in the air, they smeared love on his feet too, painting them in bright pink, and as the elders approached, the mighty Barrister bowed down, joining his hands, as they in turn smeared their coloured love on his forehead, showering their heartfelt blessings on him.

"Barrister babu, zindabad!" The endless cheers reverberated through the open courtyard, and the British police stood aside in awe.
The twenty men were there too, reunited with their families, only in their heart they knew how much they owed to the man!
All had tears, happy tears, all were overwhelmed, and the shower of love didn't exclude the barrister's fiesty beautiful wife, and his younger brother who stood infront of him like a shield to a sword.

"Aha... Ram lakkhan Sita as if!" An elderly woman had wiped a tear from her eyes, a tear of gratitude, and the man standing beside her only folded his hands, nodding at her remark in awe.

"Indeed!" Was all he could utter.

Bondita too had tears in her eyes, tears of pride, tears of elation, tears of bliss, yet whenever anyone would hold a morsel of laddo to her husband's mouth, or sometimes a roshogolla, she would readily jump and take a small bite from it first, before letting it reach to the barrister's lips.
The sweets that he tasted that evening were shared by hundreds as prasad!

"Long live, Barrister Babu!"

The slogans continued, as all present there were bound by a common sentiment, patriotism.
They knew now this win was their chance to fight at the next level up. They knew he'll be ready because the count to restart had begun - so be gone, be gun, be strong! They felt the shifting of gears within the cosmos. The universe had begun to change course. A different future was coming, a better one that they would have had if the generations had not struggled for freedom, sung for freedom and strived to take good care of what they had... Independence!

"Barrister Babu, the final documents needs to be collected", a secretary approached him and hushed into his ears, as Anirudh promptly nodded at him and turned to look at Batuk.

"You leave at once, the women must be waiting, and be back soon." Anirudh leaned forward to speak to his brother privately.

"Dada, she wants to meet you."
He spoke instead. "Before leaving."

"Who Mira?"

"No. Maha."

The slogans still echoed around, and Barrister Anirudh clutched his wife's hand gently and waded through the ocean of crowd together, with his brother guarding them from behind.

This victory was everyone's victory, and for once Anirudh wanted them to get a taste of freedom, freedom of expression!

"Guide them outside the premises once I leave, but very gently, and carefully." He commanded to two of his assistants, as the men nodded their heads in unison.

"Given his talents, he couldn't have been anything but a Barrister... Uff what a persona!" One of them gaped at his receding figure from behind.

"Barrister indeed." The other chuckled, "Yet he still has this urge to become a superhero, and make victories possible that otherwise would never have been."