Forbidden Priorities (2)

Dear readers,
This is the second part of Rai and Satya's episode. It's sensuous... ( And long)
I would request all of you to please read the previous chapter once again before starting this one, so as to maintain the continuity of sensuous emotions that you are meant to feel.

Also, VOTE for this chapter.
Most of you forgot it seems!! 😭

...............................................................

Shouldn't he have saved her?

Rai didn't reply, infact she couldn't. Her closed eyelids hid the horror of the day behind them. She just gasped softly, a gasp of slight comfort that his closeness was filling her with, her hands had moved up on Satya's face, feather-touching his soft damp curls, and tracing the outline of his forehead, down to his eyebrows, her fingers played on the bridge of his sculpted nose, before sliding down to his slightly parted wet lips.

"Lochinvar!!!" Raimoti gasped again.

There are moments when human brains fail to process emotions. Satyakirth's brain had stuttered in that moment, his heart skipped several beats for the umpteenth time that night. Every part of him went on pause while his thoughts tried to catch up.

Lochinvar!! Did he hear right? But how??

Satya felt a slight tremor in his heart, probably from the rapid pumping of excessive blood, causing them to race through his veins. He was palpitating, a sharp chill swept across his backbone, and after the initial wash of cold, his senses stepped from the shadows, feeling a new warmth in his heart. He placed one hand slowly on Raimoti's shoulder, another one touched her chin, lifting her head up.

"Say that again... " His lips quivered.
"Say the name again, Raimoti!"

His hands had now cupped her face, as she strained her eyes to look at him, her orbs faintly validating his presence in her immediate reality.

"Raimoti... why did you say that name?" His voice was a whisper, an impatient whisper and Raimoti's face contorted a little, his touch making her whimper... Or perhaps writhe in some unseen pain.

"What name?" She mumbled inaudibly, a little confused at his eagerness.
"What are you saying?"

Satya was getting a bit restless now, a contradiction to his characteristics, as he grabbed her face and made her look up, straight towards his glossy emarald orbs.
"You called me something? I want you to say that again... Please!"

The urge in his voice was evident, but not to Raimoti at that moment. She had pressed her eyes shut once again, hiding herself within her self-made cocoon, as she felt the forgotten physical agony once again.

"Ahh... My face... !" Her flinched eyes was clearly gesturing towards the discomfort that she had felt.

Satya's eyes had narrowed.
"What happened?"
He touched her forehead to remove the wet locks of hair that had covered her face, falling freely on her cheeks, hiding her beauty away from the world.
Satya had carefully tucked away the dampened strands behind her ears, and it was then that his gaze narrowed on her discolored jawline.

What the...

Satyakirth's jaw muscles had tightened at once, as he felt another rush of blood inside his core... But this time it wasn't for any unknown desire, but for something more familiar... Anger!!

He held her chin firmly and made her turn her face, bringing the marks to it's prominence. He had picked up the lantern from the table, holding it closer to examine, and in it's steady glow he saw three clear blackened lines on Raimoti's white unblemished cheeks.