Dramatic Appearances

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognise them. Satya wasn't among the majority. He knew very well that there was nothing more expensive than a missed opportunity. Sitting infront of Raimoti Mukherjee inside the horse drawn phaeton carriage, all Satyakirth could think of were two things...
First, about the easy access inside Neelmoni's Palace basement through Raimoti's heart, and last, to avenge every wound that Neelmoni had inflicted on Anirudh Roy Chowdhury.
There was nothing dearer to him than his country, but still the vacant look on the woman's eyes sitting near him was making his heart wander away in between his schemed thoughts.

No, he shouldn't be distracted...
And Raimoti was the key to all his plans.

Three house guards with speared rifles tied to their shoulders ran at once as the phaeton carriage stood infront of the massive iron gate of the Raybahadur palace. Neelmoni too, had come out in the open sunlight as his mouth opened at the sight infront.
Satya had got down, along with Raimoti Mukherjee, as Neelmoni witnessed the cordial smile of an exquisitely handsome man in his mid twenties, elegantly dressed, carrying his daughter in his arms.

"RaiMaa... RaiMaa what happened?" Neelmoni raced towards them, as Satya halted after entering the gate.

"RaiMaa, where did you go? I was... I was so worried...!" Neelmoni had inched closer as he touched his daughter's mildly burning forehead. She was still cradled in the handsome man's arms as her father, although well aware of the chained saree and escape fiasco, tried to shower her with his pretentious love and concern in presence of the attractive stranger.

"I wish to be in my room." Raimoti moved her face away from her father's touch. "Doctor, would you take me to my room please... It's left, upstairs."

Satya nodded his head and continued to maintain his cordial countenance.

"Yes, Yes... She should rest now, come son... Come inside... I welcome you to my humble abode."

Neelmoni quickly made way as Satya carried the frail beauty inside the threshold of the enormous banglow Palace.
One step at once, and he had successfully crossed the threshold of the place that would lead him a little closer to his cause... his holy mission!

"So young man... May I know how you found my daughter?" The old RayBahadur was sitting on a velvety couch, downstairs, with a pipe in his hand as he addressed Satyakirth with a smiling inquisition.

And that's exactly what Satya had wished for!

He had laid Raimoti on her bed, upstairs, eyeing quickly at the messy state of her room, the half opened wardrobe, a chain of saree tied to the window grill and bunched up on the floor, and crumpled papers all around the floor... Satya knew at once what might had happened the night before.

'Stay well Miss Mukherjee, I'll come back to check on you', was all that he had said to the calmly seated lady before he walked out of her room, ready to address the shark in the house, her father.

"So, young man... Where are you from?"

Neelmoni was bombarding him with questions, and Satya, without any physical disguise, knew very well that it was probably time to put on his best masquerade.

"Well sir, I'm not from around. I was in London, studying medicine, just came back to the country a week ago."

"Oh! That's very nice to know..." The old man's face had brightened up, his mind playing the possibilities of this man not knowing anything about the news propagandists spreading 'rumours' about him.
"So, where in Calcutta son? You don't mind me calling you Son, do you?"

Satya smiled and nodded his head.
"I came to visit Professor Dr. Prantik Pramanik from the Medical College."
He knew this ruse would never fail!