Lovemaking and Battlefields

The calm night had finally been able to subside the busy clamour of the day. The puja was done with utmost perfection, instead of Anirudh, Batuk had sat beside his sister-in-law to conduct the rituals. Trilochan couldn't be happier, and at around ten thirty, when Rudhi had finally slept off in Manimala's arms, Bondita rushed inside their temporary ground floor bedroom letting out a loud sigh of relief.

"Finally...! Finally all over, done and dusted!" She closed the door, and pulled the latch up.

Anirudh was reading a few of his case studies, re arranging his presentation for the upcoming Court hearing.
He looked up and smiled brightly at his wife.

"You did well Bondita... You were brilliant."

Bondita smiled back at him and sat down on the bed, by his feet and began to remove her gold jewelleries.

Anirudh had kept the papers aside.
"Come, let me help you." He had sat upright at once, and took her hand in his, pulling the bangles out gently from her wrist.

"Beena had called." Bondita remarked unmindfuly.

"And?"

"Was asking if I'm still alive... That girl." She chuckled softly and Anirudh picked up the bunch of bangles and kept them on her lap, his hands were working on the clip of her necklace now.

"You have missed quite some classes Bondita... How do you plan to catch up?"

"I'll see."
Bondita sighed.
"Whatever I learn, at times I find them so irreverent..."

Anirudh had pulled out the necklace as it joined the heap as well.

"You wanted to do this... You chose Women Studies... Didn't I tell you it's mostly theory... Think once Bondita, what is the point in doing something where there won't be any practical utility."

Bondita frowned at his words and turned around.
"What do you mean? I'm gaining knowledge from it."

"Yes. You are... It's a personal gain... What are you doing for the society in turn? How is your vast knowledge going to benefit the society? You just don't learn so that you can keep it to yourself, do you?"

His words were pretty harsh, a reality check, but in a way Bondita found them wise, although a little annoyed at this sudden untimely lecture.

"Why didn't you stop me before then? When I applied for it?"

"Because I wanted you to find it out yourself, why should I impose my ideas on you?"

"But you are imposing now!"
Bondita had gotten up from the bed, as she neared the mirror and pulled her earrings out.

"I'm... I'm not! How can you say it? I have never imposed anything on you Bondita!"

Bondita had kept the jewelleries inside a velvet covered wooden box.
"Really? You don't?"

"I don't."
Anirudh was smiling.

"And, what if I give you examples?"
Bondita was smiling too, mischievously, rolling her eyes at him.

"Sure... Go ahead ma'am... I'm all ears."

His words made her raise her eyebrow in a tease.
"Sure, I'll... But in due time." She grinned.
"Tonight, I'm tired!"

Anirudh smiled and stretched his arms at her, invitingly.
"Then come to me, in my arms, and let me fix you up."

"And your ribs?"

"They won't mind, I'm sure!" He winked at her playfully as Bondita almost ran towards him, and let herself lose in his arms.

"Hug me properly." Anirudh had snaked around her body with his right hand, as he nuzzled cozily on the crook of her neck.