Inexplicable Emotions

Another super long chapter...
Please vote and let me know your views.
Don't forget to follow me if you haven't already. Else, you'll definitely miss out on all the interesting promos.
Have fun reading.

..................................................

Satyakirth had held Raimoti's hand in the firmness of his own, their fingers entwined, as they together stepped inside the hall of the royal palace. Raimoti's eyes were widened, looking around the stone curved gargoyles on the massive grey pillars, stretching upto the dome shaped ceiling, huge crystal chandeliers hanging from them, and Satyakirth felt the tremble in her fingers, her palm cold, and she repeatedly gulped in nervousness.

The mighty Raimoti Mukherjee was nervous?
Satyakirth felt amused.

"The gargoyles won't eat you Miss Mukherjee, don't be scared."
Satya pressed his lips and winked at her teasingly, and her grip on his arm tightened further.

"I... I'm not scared!"
She muttered, her face visible pale in fear, and next her eyes were brought down to the ground, shifting uncomfortably. Satya smiled as he freed his hand from hers, gently wrapping his arm around her waist instead.

"It's alright... This is home." He hushed in her ears, and Raimoti took a deep breath to calm her senses.
"DhaiMaa is very nice, you're going to love her."

Raimoti closed her eyes and blew a little air of palpitation from her slightly rounded lips, trying to smile, and when she opened her eyes back, her eyes fell on her, Satya's DhaiMaa, standing infront of her with a tender smiling face, radiating a calm soothing aura around.

"DhaiMaa.." Raimoti murmured, and Satya let go her waist slowly, and this brief vacancy was promptly filled up by a pair of motherly arms, holding Raimoti's hands with utmost love.

"RaniMaa... We've known about your existence in his life for sometime now, but we had no idea about this recent occurences," the old lady paused as a girl in indigo saree offered them a glass of cold water. Raimoti gulped it's entire content at once, and her eyes widened at the old woman wanting her to continue the conversation.

"How? I mean how do you know about me?"
Raimoti asked softly, and the old lady casted a motherly glance at Satyakirth.

"Raja Saheb is too precious to our Kingdom to be left alone. Hence, whatever he does, he's always in our watch."

"There are some friends here, whom I had told you about, remember?" Satya intervened, and Raimoti nodded her head slowly.

Satya was smiling and his eyes met with that of the old lady again.
"Tell me Raja Saheb... Her full name... You know the customs."
She took the glasses back from their hands and kept them on a tray aside, and Satya frowned once, before replying promptly.

"Why? It's Raimoti Mukherjee."
His brows had an amusing frown and the old woman rolled her eyes at him, her hand smacking his arm in a playful affection.

"Mukherjee? No... !!" She now turned towards the confused beauty standing with a blank expression on her face, as her tender hands cupped her chin, making her eyes look up.
"It's Rani Raimoti Rudra Narayan Sen..." She pronounced the words very slowly, as if to made her internalise with it forever.
"And, RaniMaa, from today onwards...Raipur is yours, as much as you are Raipur's... Always remember."
She smiled.

Raimoti looked visibly flushed, her mouth opened in awe, dumbfounded, and this sudden change in her demeanor amused Satya beyond extent.

"She'll remember... She had a verrry strong memory..."
Satya chuckled, but Raimoti didn't look up, instead his teasing words had made her lower her head once again.