An Evening of Surrender 💞

Her eyes were the colour of earth kissed by spring rains, the hue that promises to stir life from dormant seeds, the nascent plants guided upward by the light before blossoming into the vibrant colours of a new season. Her eyes were the shade of acorns, just bright enough to shine in the shadows...
The glowing twilight had flooded the outside of his room, painting everything in gold, and there she was, standing at the end of the corridor, by the staircase, her face aesthetic, her hair open, yet neat, and the new offwhite Dhakai Jamdani saree had decorated her beautiful silhouette, it's royal blue border reflecting the hue of his desires.
Batuk's eyes had widened for a moment, and then he gulped, smiling at his own wild thoughts. It was her he was looking at, Mira... and, yet of late he would often keep his gaze to the soil or else tilted upward to the sky, but when he was brave enough to meet her orbs, a shiver of golden light would race down his spine, every time... every time!

"Colours suit you well!"
Batuk was inching towards her, a smile in his lips, and she just stood still, gently swaying as if playing with the wind, her wavey locks caressing her bare right shoulder, making him gulp at the sight.

Mira was smiling too, and there was a calmness in that smile, a purity, a serenity, and Batuk noticed an ektara held in her left hand, hidden behind the fluttering folds of her new saree, the blue bangles were evenly worn in both her hands now.

"Would you sing to me?"
Batuk inched closer, his breath now colliding against her skin, and he bend down a little, blowing air on her shoulder to remove the strands of those stray cascading traces tickling her skin.
Mira closed her eyes and shivered, but didn't move.

"I won't sing... You would."
She murmured softly.

"But I can't sing." Batuk's reply was slow, measured, in sharp contrast to his racing heartbeat, and he held the railing of the stairway with his left hand, moving up one step closer to her. Mira smiled and stepped back, two steps, and Batuk bridged that gap in no time.

"Sing." Mira gulped, as his fingers trailed up her arm, sending goosebumps all over her body, and Batuk leaned on her shoulder, inhaling the familiar fragnance of her body, his senses muddling up once again.

"I'm a bad singer, a very bad one..."

"That fine... It'd be only me."

Mira had moved a step back, politely persistent, and she held the newly made ektara in her hand, tugging at the string skillfully, and suddenly Batuk felt it's melodious vibration rummaging his entire being, his existence, his senses of right and wrong, do's and don'ts.

Batuk closed his eyes and exhaled, his thin red lips curled into an angelic smile.

"When the buds first bloomed in my garden of flowers,
Amar Mallika Bone...
I had planned my offerings to you, my dear...
I had planned my offerings to you!"

He mouthed the words, binding them with the mellifluous beauty of melody, and Mira closed her eyelids, playing along, her fingers building notes from that single string with absolute aesthetics. Batuk continued...

"Just For You, My Dear,
I Collected A Handful Of Them...
The blooming buds...
Then in web of mist.
On forehead of young dawn, My Dear.
On every dewdrop sparkles the nascent Sun.
Just For You, My Dear,
I Collected A Handful Of Them,
From my garden of Flowers,
Amar Mallika Bone!"

Batuk paused, and so did Mira, as they both opened their eyes slowly, his orbs dilated, and the corner of her eyes were pink. Batuk leaned forward to steal a kiss from her, just a soft touch on her slightly parted lips, and Mira trembled in ecstasy.