The Caring Bahu

First of all...Thanks to all who are reading my story... 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Read ahead and enjoy... 😊

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the middle of the night, Sana heard maa softly groaning. She woke up to find her mom sitting up and massaging her legs.

Sana: Kya hua maa?? (she asked in a worrried tone)

SM: (still in pain): Shayad muscle cramp hai... bohot dard ho raha hi...Aaah... 

Maa was visibly in a lot of pain. Sana, concerned, got up and started massaging her legs, but it seemed ineffective. In a hurry, she went to the kitchen, fetched water, and assisted maa with some stretching exercises. Despite their efforts, the pain persisted. Sana then brought some ice, wrapped it in a towel, and applied it to maa's legs. Gradually, the pain subsided. Sana continued massaging her legs until maa fell asleep. Once assured of her mom's comfort, Sana also went back to sleep.

Next morning Sana woke up and went to the kitchen to see Maa busy with Sunitha making breakfast.

Sunitha has been working with the Shukla's for a really long time. She assists maa with household chores and oversees other support staff. She was treated by them like a member of the family. She has seen them go through good and bad times and was very loyal to them. 

Sana: Are maa aap kyun itni jaldi ut gai?

SM: Adat hai beta. I cannot sleep till late.

Sana: Kal aapke pairon main kithna dard ho raha tha. You rest I will help Sunitha didi

SM: Koi nahi beta... I am fine now... tune kithne ache se dekhbhal jo ki meri...

Sunitha: Maaji... Aaap na... isko yahan se jane mat dena. Iske aane ke baad aap ko bhi aaram mil raha hai aur mera kaam bhi kam ho gaya hai.

SM: Acha??? Tho teri salary bhi kam kardoon?? (Maa asks in a mocking way)

Sunitha: Areee nahiii... Sana tu jaldi chali ja wapas nahi to meri salary khathre mein pad jayegi...

The trio laugh at it. Sana turns to maa

Sana: Maa... Its an order aap jake aaram karo aaj. I will help Sunitha didi. Aap ko cramps isliye aaye kyun ki aap kal pura din hospital main chal rahi thin. Aur aap ne pani bhi zyada nahi piya hoga. Chaliye... Aap aaj rest kijiye. (she comanded lovingly)

SM: Teek hai... tu pehle jake dekh zara ki doodh aagaya ki nahi??? Ajkal late laa raha hai who. Raju yehan lake rakh deta tha. (Raju is the watchman) Who 2 din se chutti par hai. Uske badle jisko bheja hai who kuch ajjeb sa hai... kuch bhe teek se nahi kar raha hai...

Sana headed towards the gate to check if the milk had been delivered. To her surprise, the watchman was nowhere in sight. Spotting the milk packets left in his cabin, she retrieved them. As she turned, she was startled by a man standing just behind her. He was a young guy with long hair and a beard, wearing a crooked smile. His appearance seemed rather unusual.

Man: Madamji Kuch chahiyae aap ko?

Sana exited the cabin and positioned herself at a distance from him, feeling uneasy and unsafe in his presence.

Sana: Main yeh doodh lene aayi thi... Aap Raju bhayya ke jagah aaye ho?

Man: Ji... Mera naam Suresh hai... Raju kuch dino ke liye gaon gaya hai...

He was having a weird smile pasted on his face. Sana quickly moved away from the situation and retreated indoors. She felt the need to discuss the unsettling encounter with Sid.