A reminder of the past

Next few weeks it was business as usual... Attending college, meeting at the cafeteria or the football ground and outings or party on weekends. Sid and Sana both were happy to be together and Kushal and Jaspreet too were growing close. Paras also was behaving for some reason. Everything was going well except that someone was leaving bouquets, chocolates and other gifts at their door. They tried to find out who was sending them but failed. Sana also felt someone was following her many times and she told Sidharth about it. Sid always kept an eye around.

As the semester exams drew to a close, a two-week break loomed ahead. Sonali and Jaspreet had plans to return home, with Jaspreet having a function to attend that included guests from Shehnaaz's village hence Shehnaaz couldn't accompany Jaspreet. Meanwhile, Sonali's family had planned for a trip out of town, and Sana opted not to join them, preferring not to intrude on their family time. Despite the warm treatment she received from Jaspreet and Sonali's families, some of the relatives were not as welcoming. In her hostel days, Sana used to stay on campus during breaks, but now, with the current circumstances, things felt distinctly different.

Despite Sid's concerns about a potential stalker, Sana was determined to stay alone in the apartment. Sid, although not happy with the situation, reluctantly agreed to her decision. To ensure her safety, he made it a point to call her numerous times when she was home alone. On the second day, Sid took her out for an outing.

In the evening, they reached the entrance of Sana's apartment. Sid gently took her hands and kissed her knuckles.

Sana: Bye... (She said with a shy look)

Sid: Mat jao na...I want to be with you... (He made a cute sad face)

Sana: Then come home...

Sid: Aagaya tho you know what will happen... We will be alone and there will be no one to stop me... (He said in a husky voice looking at her lips)

Sana looked down shyly and smiled. Sid pecked her cheeks

Sid: Love you baby

Sana: Love you too... bye...

Sid: Bye love....

Sid patiently waited for Sana to enter her house and wave from her balcony, a routine they had established. However, this time she seemed to be taking longer than usual, causing Sid to feel a growing sense of anxiety. Parking the car, he decided to check on her to ensure everything was okay.

He rushed to her floor to find the door of the apartment open and a man was trying to force himself on her. Shocked and furious Sid pulled the man aside and started to beat him black and blue. The man started bleeding from nose and mouth. Sid was furious that someone had dared to forcefully touch his girl.

Sid: Teri himmat kaise hui use choone ki? I will kill you today you bastard...

Guy: Tu kaun hai bae?? Woh meri hai. Main kabse isse milne ki koshish kar raha tha. Jab bhi main uske paas jane ki koshish kartha hoon tu tapak padtha hai... aaj mauka mila tho tu phir se beech mein aaraha hai?

Sid: Kya bakwas kar raha hai? Bloddy moron...

Guy: Woh mujhse pyar karthi hai. Teri wajah se woh mujh se mil nahipathi.

Sid: Chup kar varna teri zban kheenchloonga.

Sid was infuriated and trashed the man. Although the molester tried to fight back and succeeded in landing a punch or two on Sid's face,  he was no match to Sid's strength.  The loud commotion drew a crowd, with residents from neighboring flats in the apartment gathering to see what was happening. Sana, frightened and in a state of shock, sat curled up in a corner. Concerned onlookers intervened, pulling Sid away from the man.