A Promise

So what do you think will happen next? Read further to know.

___________________________________________________

Sid arrives home, and as his mom opens the door, he hugs her tightly, tears streaming down his face.

SM: Kya hua bachaa??? Kyun ro raha hai? (she asks in a worried tone)

Sid confides in her, recounting the details, and his mother is visibly taken aback.

SM: Poor child... Kitna kuch saha hai bechari bachi ne... and what kind of a father is her dad??? Koi aise chodtha hai kya apne bacche ko??? I really feel bad for her... She must have gone through hell... All I can say is ki who bohot hi achi bachi hai. She felt it was important for you to know about her past. It's not easy to talk about such a past. She trusts you, and I feel she loves you too... She is a strong girl; cherish her...

Sid: Ma, you're okay with her past?

SM: Why would I have a problem? It wasn't her fault, and she did what any girl would do to save herself. I can't help but feel for her and appreciate her strength. Paedophiles like that guy should be given death sentence by chopping off their pennis and should be left to bleed to death. (Sid's mom said in a emotional yet angry tone)

Sid shares similar sentiments towards individuals who do such monstrous acts and is relieved and delighted that his mom not only comprehends but also appreciates Shehnaaz.

SM: What did you tell her?

Sid: I couldn't say anything... (He said in a low voice)

SM: What?!?!? (Maa was shocked)

Sid: It was overwhelming, and I felt helpless in consoling her. (He lowers his head in shame.)

SM: Do u still love her? Or are you ashamed to be with her?

Sid: I love her, Mom. Why would I be embarrassed? I'm actually proud of her for trying to lead a normal life despite her tough past. (He looks sincere and determined.)

SM: Then let her know that. Call her and say that her past doesn't change how much you love her...

Sid scratches his head and said in an embarrassed tone. "aaaa.... I...I don't have her number..."

SM: Hey bhagwan maine kaisa budhu paida kiya hai... (She facepalmed ) Apani pasnd ki ladki ka number ka number kaun nahi leta hai?

Sid: Maaaaa....I've never been close to a girl before, so I didn't think to ask for her phone number

SM: Hmm... Well, go back and talk to her. She might be really worried about what you're thinking.

Sid kisses his mom on the forehead and leaves, his expression a mix of regret and determination...

On the other side, after Sid left, Sana retreated to her room from the balcony and changed into her pajamas. Emerging into the drawing room, she found Sonali and Jaspreet waiting. Their faces reflected concern as they noticed Sana's somber mood.

Sonali: What happened? Did you tell him everything?

Sana: Hmm...

Jaspreet: And?

Sana: And nothing... (Her voice quivered as tears welled up.)

Sonali: What did he say, dammit?? (Sonali's tone conveyed both worry and annoyance.)

Sana: He didn't say anything... (Her gaze fixed on a distant point, tears streaming down her cheeks. It was clear that she was shattered.)

Jaspreet: What? (Jaspreet gasped.)

Sana: He just dropped me here, waited until I reached the balcony, and left... he didn't say anything...

Sana broke down, feeling like she had lost him forever. Sonali and Jaspreet enveloped her in hugs, attempting to console her.

Sana: Why is my life like this ??? Will I ever be happy? I really love him. Aaj who bhi choot gaya. Kya main itni buri hoon?

Sonali: Naa meri jaan... ro mat... He also needs time to clear his mind naa... And if he rejects you he is the looser.

Jaspreet: Mat ro baby... u have cried enough for a lifetime...

Witnessing Sana's tears, both Sonali and Jaspreet had tears in their eyes. They held Sana tightly, offering comfort. They sat there for a while until the doorbell range door bell rings. Jaspreet opens the door.

Jaspreet: Tum!!!!

Sana turned to see Sid standing there with tears in his eyes. Sid walked in, sat by her side, and gently held her hands. Sonali and Jaspreet, sensing the need for privacy, discreetly retreated to Sonali's room.

Sid: I'm sorry, Shehnaaz... I was too shocked and numb to understand what you've been through. I realize I put you through hell without giving you any reaction. Please don't cry. I'm truly sorry. All I can say is that none of your past matters to me. I love you, no matter what. I just want to tell you that, regardless of everything, I will be by your side until the end. Will you give me a chance?

Sana began crying uncontrollably and hugged him tightly. All the tension and sadness in her heart seemed to melt away with those tears. Sid embraced her, and they remained in that comforting embrace for some time.

Sana: I thought I lost you... (she said, sobbing)

Sid gently broke the hug.

Sid: Shehnaaz, after learning about your past, I'm even more attracted to you. The way you've handled yourself has only increased my respect for you. The fact that you didn't want to hide it from me shows that you're an honest person, and it reflects how much you care for me.

He cups her face and continues.

Sid: I love you, Shehnaaz... I promise to stand by your side always. I know you want to take things slow, but I can confidently say today that I can't think about anyone else but you. Take your time; I'll wait until you feel comfortable enough to tell me that you love me. If that happens, I'll consider myself blessed.

She looked into his eyes, and he wiped her tears with his thumb, kissing her forehead. They hugged each other for a little longer. Sonali, noticing the silence in the hall, came out with Jaspreet. They saw Sid and Sana hugging. Jaspreet cleared her throat to let them know they were there.

Sid and Sana broke their hug, and Sid stood up. He went over to Sonali and Jaspreet.

Sid: Thank you for supporting and taking care of her until now. From now on, I promise I will also be there for her. Whatever challenges she faces in the future, I will stand beside her no matter what.

Sonali and Jaspreet smiled with happy tears in their eyes, glad that Sana's happiness had returned. Both of them hugged Sid. Sid bid farewell to Sana and went home. Sana and Sid slept peacefully, hoping for a happier future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all liked this part. Do let me know your feedback.