Finale

"C'mon, baby, you gotta walk faster."

"Awe, its so tiring! Are we still far?"

"Only a few more steps, okay? C'mere, I'll just carry you."

Yeji laughed and carried the girl, walking a few more steps until they reached their destination. She sighed and put the girl down, her eyes staring at the picture of the woman she loved so dearly.

They were at Ryujin's honorary tombstone.

"Is that her, mom?"

"Yes, that's your other mom."

"She's so pretty..."

The little girl, Hwang Raejin, walked towards the tombstone. Yeji smiled as she watched her daughter stare at the picture of her lover.

Raejin is Yeji's adopted child. She was a sick baby that was left on the convenience store by her irresponsible parents who were never found and when Yeji found her, she knew she had to take care of the girl. She was currently 6 years old, and had become a very healthy and smart girl.

She named her Raejin, derived from Ryujin's name because she was Raejin's other mom.

"Mom, how was she like?"

"Oh? Well, she was cold and mean to me."

"Huh?"

"... at first, she was like that to me. But eventually, my perspective of her changed. She wasn't actually like that."

Yeji spoke as she arranged their picnic mat and basket, helping her daughter sit down carefully. Raejin glanced at the photo again, wondering what her mom meant. When she was younger, her mom always spoke about her other mom whom she can no longer see.

"I don't understand..."

"Ryujin... she was a mysterious girl, and she's so much more than what the bare eyes can see. Y'know, she was just like you."

"Really?"

"Yep, she was smart, brave, strong, and pretty."

"Was she stubborn too?"

"Nah, you got that trait from me, little one."

The girl giggled when her mother tickled her sides. Yeji had followed what Ryujin said, to pour all her love on another person. Right now, she was pampering her daughter with all the love she had in her.

"Your mom, Ryujin, was beautiful inside out, and I was lucky enough to see that under her cold and tough shell, there was a very caring and loving girl."

"Wow, she's perfect, mom."

"Yeah, I guess that's why the angels took her too early, because no one was supposed to be perfect..."

"Yeji unnie?"

Yeji heard a very familiar voice from behind and when she turned around, she felt her eyes brimmed in tears. It was Yuna, who had a boquet of flowers in her hands.

7 years ago, Yuna decided to be by herself after Ryujin's death. It was harder for her than anyone else, because she was the one who had to push that button. And so, no one heard anything from her. Lia, Chaeryeong, and Yeji were really worried, but they knew they had to leave the girl be. Afterall, losing a family member was hard.

"Yuna-yah! God, I missed you- we all missed you!"

"I missed you too, Yeji unnie..."

The two hugged each other, exchanging how much they've missed each other. After a while, Yuna finally noticed the presence of the little girl.

"Is she your daughter?"

"Hm, mine and Ryujin's daughter. This is Raejin. And Raejin, that's Yuna, Ryujin's younger sister."

"You're my mom's sister? You're my aunt Yuna then!"

Yuna couldn't help but smile when Yeji introduced the kid as Ryujin's daughter too.

"Hey there, little one... You look just like my unnie..."

"Right? I was telling her about it earlier too. She looks like Ryujin..."

Yuna breathed out before she walked towards the tombstone, placing the flowers down and then staring at her sister's photo. 7 years had passed, but Yuna still missed her. Yuna felt as if a part of her died too, but she promised her sister that she'll continue living. It was hard, but she'll have to survive.

"Hi there, unnie! I'm sorry it took too long for me to come back here..."

"Mom, does momma Ryujin only have one sibling?"

"Yeah, its only the two of them."

"Aunt Yuna, mom told me that momma Ryujin may not be here, but she'll always be in our hearts. So don't be sad, I'm sure momma Ryujin wouldn't want to see you with a frown!"

Raejin went towards Yuna and hugged her leg, making the taller one giggle. Perhaps, it wouldn't be that hard right now because she surely was gonna focus on her sister's daughter right now.

"Raejin, you really are like my unnie."

"Well, let's sit down first and eat. Ah, Lia and Chaeryeong are also going to be-"

"SHIN YUNA?!" "YAH YUNA-YAH!!!"

Yuna was pushed to the ground due to the impact of Lia and Chaeryeong's body on her. Raejin giggled as her aunts rolled on the grass then proceeded to bicker.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"I really think momma Ryujin is happy to see us right now."

Yeji smiled and glance at Ryujin's photo. Her heart warmed at the sight of her smiling face on the photo frame.

"Yeah, she's really happy right now."

The End.

Thank you very much for staying with me til the end! This story is not the best, I know, and I'm very glad to have y'all as my supportive readers ♡

I'm officially wrapping up the Book 1 of "Her" Series.

UNDER HER
end

Date Started: 05/20/21
Date Ended: 07/22/22