26

Currently at the Choi's Mansion...

"Damn it... So that's what happened..."

"Yeah... Lia, what do I do?"

"What do you mean— of course you have to stop pestering her! Are you seriously still going to "try to get to know her better" after what happened?!"

"I was at fault Lia, she only acted like that because I did a fucked up thing..."

"Listen, Ryujin is my friend, and I know her well— you'd be damned if you ever cross paths with her again..."

"..."

"But actually, there's something odd about what happened between you two..."

Lia said as she finally closed the first aid kit, placing it on the coffee table beside her. Yeji was currently sitting on the sofa, already feeling better after Lia treated the small cut on her lips and applied ointment on the forming bruises on her neck.

"Yeah, odd— no shit sherlock. She literally almost killed me."

"Well, yeah, that's spooky."

"Tsk, c'mon, be serious. What is it?"

"You said she had you on a chokehold, right?"

"Yeah?..."

"But then, you said she suddenly stopped and left the room without any word..."

"And?"

"Well, as surprising as it sounds, Ryujin has already sent quite a lot of people to the hospital after they pushed her buttons."

Yeji almost choked on her own saliva at what her friend said. Her cat eyes went wide, well, as wide as it can get. Lia was nonchalant at her reaction and just sent her a shrug, whereas Yeji was in a state of shock.

"She what now?!"

"Don't worry, she didn't kill them, but she did gave them severe injuries."

"And I'm not supposed to be worried about that?!"

"C'mon, its you who want to know her more— its your decision. We warned you, Yeji. We clearly said that once you step inside Ryujin's boundaries, we'd have a hard time helping you."

Yeji felt her shoulders getting heavier as she slumped down on her seat, with a loud sigh escaping her lips. Lia was right, and Yeji knew that this was the result of her stubbornness. She chose this, she wanted this. However, she wasn't informed that she was in for a life-or-death situation just to cure her curiosity.

"So I wondered, why didn't Ryujin did the same to you? Oh, well, I'm not saying I'd love to see you in a hospital bed. Well, I slightly wanna se—"

"Yah! Choi Jisu!"

"Just kidding! Anyways, yeah, Ryujin could've finished you off right then and there. But she didn't."

"So... What does that mean?"

"You brought her back to sanity before she could do something to you. What did you do?"

"I... I brought her back to sanity?..."

"Ryujin can't control herself when she gets extremely furious, its something like anger issues, but not really. She doesn't get mad easily, but when she does get mad, its hell."

"So, she could've literally sent me to the hospital if I didn't do something?"

"Yeah. So, what did you do? Why did Ryujin suddenly walked away?"

Yeji thought really hard and kept on replaying the scenes of the earlier events, constantly flinching everytime she remembers how Ryujin looked deadly earlier.

What did she do? Did Ryujin really stopped because of something that she did?

Then, Yeji remembered how Ryujin looked after she released her tight grip on her. Yeji saw how Ryujin was horrified as she stared at her poor condition, how she took a few steps back, and how she quickly turned away with shaking hands.

Lia was right. Ryujin snapped back to reality, and that's why she finally regained her control over her own body.

"Please..."

"Huh? Please what? What do you want?"

"I begged her, Lia, I begged her to stop."

A/N:

Please do check out my new short story for DdaengDdeong, "Til Next Time" 😁🌼